Ping Ling rushed towards a burly man, it's Mr. Jiang, her fiance. The two of them looked at each other's eyes which were filled with mushiness I almost throw up.

That's when I saw a tall figure beside Mr. Jiang with a wry smile on his face. He looks like one of those scholarly gentleman in some ancient drama.

His eyes were deep and profound, eyebrows thin and sharp. His lips were thin and the fact that his hair was neat gave me a better impression.

As he stand there, tall and straight, he really looks like one of those gong zi that's portrayed in some ancient drama's I've watched.

"We look like lightbulbs here" his eyes crinkled as he smiled. Then he briefly stared at me before looking down in slight embarrassment.

"We certainly are" I agreed to the shy stranger beside me.

"I'm Qi Peizhi, a surgeon, 27 years of age" he handed his palm and I shook it while telling my name.

"I'm Wu Feng Mian, an art teacher, 25 years of age"

Of course, the silent treatment from the two lovers crashed and they took upon themselves to tease us.

"Oho! Look at these two! They already knew each other's names! How fast!" Jiang Susu said, yes, you see it right.

Jiang Susu is his name, his true name. A very feminine name that's why I always call him Mr. Jiang. It's too imbalance to call him, a burly man filled with testosterone, Susu.

"My, oh my! Dear, we're such a lightbulb! Now, now, let's get you acquainted more!"

Ping Ling took my hand and together, the four of us went inside Light Fantasy Central Mall. We went to a western and eastern fusion restaurant and enjoyed some small talk.

"Excuse us for a second, dear, would you come with me to the bathroom? I suddenly felt a bit scared~"

Ping Ling suddenly said with a high pitched tone filled with mushiness. I looked at her wide eye, sensing that she wants to do something that we both knew very well.

She's trying to let the two of us sit here, without them!

She winked at me after she coiled on Mr. Jiang's waist and scampered away.

I can only shout at her in my head in fear of scaring Mr. Qi in front of me. I'm not really the type of woman who eats like a bird and tries to get that flawless makeup and beautiful dress.

"So Mr. Qi-"

"Just call me by my name, it's a bit... weird to be called as Mr" he said with a smile, his eyes glimmered playfully in the background.

My heartbeat picked up and I was suddenly nervous. It's my first time doing this but looking at his manner, I can somewhat relax.

"Oh, of course Mr- I mean Qi Peizhi, um...I was wondering about your uh... profession"

Great.

That's a very good topic Feng Mian, keep it up!

"I've been working for the past two years. I'm a pediatric surgeon. I love treating kids and it's my greatest pleasure to see them living happily" his voice was mellow and calm, as if the sea has calm down and only the sound of birds rang.

"You sure do like your job"

"I do, what about yours?" He asked, I just realized how beautiful his hands are.

It was smooth and some veins can be seen in his pale white hands. He must have cared for his hands for years, he's a surgeon so he must have taken care of it. I wonder what hand care products-

"Do my hands look pretty?"

I was taken aback at his question before sheepishly smiling at the realization that I'm just staring at his hands for a minute.

"It is" I bit my lower lip to suppress a smile.

"Yours too, you paint right? I mean your hands are well maintained too and yeah. I'm not wrong right? You do paint right?"

"I do, you're right" I cannot help but laugh at his shy nature.

He was clumsy in his words, it looks like I'm not the one puzzled and extremely nervous at this blind date.

The two of us continued to finish the food and ask questions about each other. Sometimes I will tell him some funny and embarrassing moments in my childhood while he talks about bizarre patients.

Everything was good and relaxing, it felt like I was talking to a friend and not an acquaintance.

Soon, it's already three in the afternoon, he told me he's in a night shift for today since he's out today. He offered to take me home but I refused, since he's a doctor, he's always needed at the hospital.

"No worries, I have my car. Just drive safe too" I couldn't help but remind him.

I was about to get in my car when he called my name. I looked back at him, waiting for his reason for calling me when he said.

"Can...can we still meet?"

I felt happy but at the same time, I feel like I couldn't do this to him. I still feel, I'm not yet ready to have a relationship with someone, not that I had but still. It's like he's my friend and not a blind date, he's a gentleman and is good in all aspects.

It's just me.

But I need to move on and to step forward. My life wouldn't revolve on what if's. I need to move on with my life and try new things and meet with people.

And most of all, I need to love again.

So I said yes and he gave a smile in return. Ha, I just really hope that I'm doing the right choice.

Notes:

You who sat next to me (Lao Lang, composer Gao Xiaosong) was a song that talkes about nostalgia for times gone by, as well as the man’s heartfelt wishes for the girl’s happiness.
Dog blood means cliche movie or drama scenes, unrealistic and too dramatized.
Fresh meat, an internet slang used to describe handsome young males. Most commonly used in the entertainment world.
Light bulb means third wheel, not the third person in the relationship but the one who spoils the romantic mood between two lovers.
Gōng zǐ, a son of nobility or an official.

***
Hi people! Same rules apply on my notes! I hope you had a good day today!

Stay safe as always!

Please do VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.

Thank you!