Chapter 2

| A play and a surprise response |

A womanizer.

A player.

Like my brother.

Why do I have to get a brother who couldn't keep it in his pants? Do fate thinks that my life isn't interesting so they add some spice to liven it up?

I really have no words for what I'm looking at, a sight that I have seen for years the moment my brother saw a woman and have tasted the forbidden fruit.

After a long tedious day from work, I expect some warm welcome from my brother- who am I kidding?! It won't happen.

Now, I just did what I think was best in this situation I'm facing right now. Watch as the play turns into the climax and expect a very heart wrenching drama.

"How could you! After a moment of passion, you kick me out like a used rag doll!"

The girl wept hysterically which I don't find unusual at all. She looked like she was slapped in the face as tears continuously ran down her face.

Truly, I pity the files my brother played but who can resist his charms? I admit it, my brother isn't like any other IT graduates with big black glasses covering their tired face and eyes filled with nothing but eye bags and an aura of dryness in their body.

Meet my gege, Wu Gu Jia, a 28 year old hot blooded man filled with testosterone that seemed to spill everytime he saw a woman.

He's an IT graduate and is now working at a very well known company. I presume he's doing good since he's able to come here and play with girls.

Ah, the play continues.

"Well, I already told you the specifics of being with me, not my fault anymore"

Ugh! What a bastard!

"Bastard! I hate you! I hope you won't get laid ever again!" She screamed one more time and left, of course with the dramatic exit on tow.

My brother just smirks at her figure while checking her out for the last time. He turned and suddenly saw me and grins like a fool.

"Hey, uh, you saw...that?"

"I saw it. Crystal clear"

He can only rub the back of his head and put his other arm on my neck. I hit his hand and he grinned like a cheshire cat after that.

"Hey! What's gotten in your pants today? Did your students annoyed you?"

"They didn't, gege did" I pointed out and ignored his aggravating smile.

Opening the door, I didn't see my parents yet. It's still five, I think they're out meeting with some of the Ayi and shushu in the neighborhood. They're on a meeting since they were about to have a square dancing on the plaza this Sunday.

They always have this kind of thing every Sunday where they dance. I think it was also a way of entertainment for my mother since she can now live without worrying about money.

Though it was also a way of getting the two of us close to each other. Since after she joined a troupe of old granny's and Ayi's on a dance group, I would always go to the plaza and see her perform.

"Don't worry, the two of you will get along well in due time"

I didn't notice his hands atop of my shoulder giving me a squeeze as he comfort me. I can only smile at him and went to my room.

Before long, I was fast asleep after finishing all the necessary documents. My mind reeled on to the time where my mother would at least give me some attention but long after that, I can only smile wryly at the memories.

Right, it's only memories.

...

"You're already 25 aren't you Feng Mian"

I just blinked at my father, I never really thought that they would bring this topic up considering my mother wasn't really fond of me right now.

"It means you should have a boyfriend now" my brother interjected which made father almost cough out the spoonful of diner he just ate or what was left of it.

Father cleared his throat once more and sent a glare to my brother. I can only sigh at where this topic is directing to.

So I decided to do this on my own and accept Ping Ling's proposal. I mean it won't hurt, it's just a simple meeting after all.

"I have an... appointment on Sunday"

"Mom's dance again?" My brother said with a taunting smirk on his face.

"-to a man"

Now it's his turn to cough.

"You have a blind date?!" He ask with wide eyes and a slacked jaw. He furrowed his brows and asked once more, maybe to confirm his thoughts.

"Yes gege, I really am going on a blind date. Happy now?" I turned to my father as he silently coughed while he avoid my accusing eyes.

"Well then, that's a relief isn't it my wife?"

At my father's words, there was a minute of silence before my mother spoke. I didn't know that my hands were tightly clenching my hands and is damp from nervousness.

I don't think my mom there would say anything, I mean anything that concerns about me.

After failing her dreams, I think my mother see me as a failure of a daughter. So imagine my surprise when she spoke.

"That's good"

Almost all of us have sighed in relief, my hands unclenched as I blink the nervousness in my eyes.

Thankfully, my mother still thinks of my future.

She still thinks of me as her daughter.

Notes:

Gēgē is used for you blood related brother, can also be used for those outside if the family only if they are close to each other.
Āyí, means aunt, could be used whether if you have blood relation or not.
Shūshu, means uncle, I'm not sure whether you can use it for your maternal/paternal uncle.
Square dancing is one of the most popular activities for old people and is used as an entertainment for them.

***
As always, please read the notes and correct them. Thank you!

People, I really hope you like this story of mine! I wish for a good day to all of you!

Please do VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE.

Thank you!