Chapter Five- Friend Or Foe

Börja om från början

"My stepsister clearly said that my name is Julien, your higness, or are you deaf?"

Damian stopped walking and gritted his teeth, turning around to face Julien with an icy glare. How dare he to speak like such to the crown prince? The Chromanthesian assassin innocently smiled at him as Damian secretly wished there weren't any people around so he could strangle the shorter lad to death. Julien found it amusing and guessed that the prince may or may not have experienced such disrespect yet in his life. If you can't even handle the smallest pinches of life, how do you expect yourself to even face an enemy you have yet to know the existence of? As Julien thought of this, the long line of houses came to an end.

"Why don't you ride with us on the way, Julien? I would like to get to know about my new citizen who my son suddenly became friends with."

Julien displayed a smile and nodded at the king. Damian rolled his eyes and chuckled mockingly as he took long strides and went inside the carriage. He removed his suit that was over his shirt and breathed heavily at the sudden wave of hotness from the sun. The door opened and walked in his father and Julien who both laughed as they talked. Julien purposely sat beside Damian as he looked over at the prince who fanned himself with his hand.

"My king, I presume his royal highness isn't used to the heat. His white skin seems to prove my point. "

"You are correct. You see, my youngest son here usually stays in his room. He never even goes out on the garden. I'm lucky enough to convince him to come with me today. Isn't it ridiculous? "

Julien chuckled, knowing Damian would be even more pissed. What would Julien gain by acting like such? To answer, he wanted to know the crown prince's personality and what he is capable of. He wanted to know what makes Prince Damian worth the kill and so far, Julien has observed a couple flaws. One, he displays a fake persona infront of others. Two, he has quite a temper that immediately matches his cold glare. Third,
he rarely goes out to explore his own kingdom and observe his own people. Fourth, he gave Julien the worst nickname and refused to call him by his own name.
The assassin wouldn't even be surprised if he discovers that the curly haired prince is also a spoiled brat.

What a prince. But will he be worth the kill? Or will Julien take away a potential hope for Vanthomhyr's people?

As the day went on, one could only imagine the trouble inside Julien's mind.

Two nights later...

"When you told me it was all going well, I didn't think they would actually get to the point where you're suddenly invited to a dinner at the palace. You really are something else, Julien."

Reena bumped her hip with Julien's with a knowing smile on her face, making Julien stumble to the side. He shook his head at her as he buckled his thick brown belt on his waist over his green, long-sleeved shirt. He ran his hand through his hair before turning around as he looked at Reena who gave a thumbs up.

"If you weren't an assassin who's about to go in your prey's territory, I feel like I'm your loving mother who's about to let you go on your first date. I just want to cry right now."

"Cut it out, Reena. To correct you, he was never actually my prey to begin with. "

"Fine, whatever. Just go, the carriage is waiting outside."

Julien chuckled and waved goodbye as he got out of the small house and hopped inside the vehicle. The horses neighed as soon as the coachman whipped their behinds and proceeded to run forward. Julien breathed deeply, closing his eyes as he adjusted the tie on his boots.
In the distance, Reena crossed her arms against her chest and chuckled to herself.