Chapter Ten- Breeze

The gentle breeze swept from the vast sea to the southern lands of Chromanthes. The beach had no more than beautiful white sand and small seashells scattered across the floor. Coconut trees, palm trees and a few plants were decorated everywhere, making the poor land seem livelier than the people residing there. As the sun took its time to set, painting the sky a beautiful mixture of yellow, red and orange, a single child with worn out clothes and no slippers tilted his head and closed his eyes as another gush of fresh air passed through him. He hugged his knees and smiled, the smile of a pure, simple and contented child that is almost impossible to see at present.

"Julien? Why are you all alone here again?"

The said child looked behind him instantly and smiled wide as a familiar face went and sat next to him. The laughter of few children running around had disappeared in the background as the child looked fondly at the person beside him.

" Amadea, do you miss your family?"

"Of course I do, Julien. There is not a moment when I don't think of them. We may be oceans away but our hearts are always connected. The same goes for you and your family. No matter where you are, their happy faces would always be visible to you."

Little Julien nodded his head with a smile and put his gaze back to the sea. His eyebrows furrowed as he witnessed the sun that quickly hid until it was nowhere to be found. The child gasped, blinking his eyes as darkness had suddenly surrounded him.

"A-amadea?"

He called for the lady and reached out but no one was there. He looked around but his vision seemed to fail him as he saw nothing but darkness all around him. He started to pant heavily and tears began to stream down his cheeks as he called out for help.

"A-madea?! Mama! Papa! Help me! I-it's so dark. I-I can't see anything!"

"Julien..."

A voice had whispered his name. He looked back and saw a spot of light directed towards the lady. She had her hand reached out so Julien ran towards her, only to realize he couldn't move. There were no chains but his bare feet were stuck on the floor. When he looked back up, the lady and the light was gone.

"N-no! Please! Don't leave me! I-it's too dark here! I-I'm s-scared..."

"Julien... Promise me you'll take care of him. Promise me that you'll be by his side. Promise me..."

The boy dropped on all fours, his hands on the white sand as he cried with closed eyes. Once he opened them, he saw a single flower between where his hands rested. He gently picked it up with a confused look.

"P-purple hyacinth? "

"Julien..."

The boy looked up again as the voice called out his name.

"Julien..."

"W-where are you?!"

"Julien..."

"Please, help me!

" Julien... "

...

" - lien... "

" - en... "

" JULIEN WAKE UP! "

Julien snapped his eyes open as he tried to steady his breathing. He looked to the side and saw Michael who had a worried look on his face. The lad  was muttering for help in his sleep so Michael didn't have a choice but to wake him up, knowing well enough how even the smallest nightmares can be dangerous to people's minds. Julien's face was covered in tears and he looked distressed, like he had lost something so precious.