Chapter Seven- A Trip

One week...

It has been one week and Julien barely got to have a proper conversation with the prince. Even though Xio told him that the prince was his usual self in that one week, Julien still felt like he had to do something but because he has been pre-occupied these past few days, he didn't have the chance to pester Damian again. He went to Reena's house a few days ago only to find his bag on the floor with no Reena in sight. How could she suddenly disappear out of thin air? Not even one of her neighbors noticed that she was gone and there was no trace of forced entry either. Her things were still there that it made the situation even more suspicious. It would have been reasonable to think that she left on purpose if she took even just her clothes with her but she didn't. Could something bad had happened to her?

Another thought came to Julien's mind as he sat down inside the lounge for the palace staff. He had received a letter from his family yesterday and they seemed to be doing well. His mother explained how they were requested to move to a new and comfortable house at central Chromanthes. The ones assissting them have explained that because of Julien's hardwork as a bodyguard of a noble family in Eurena, his boss was willing to give his family not only protection but also a decent amount of food, money and clothes. Ofcourse, it wasn't entirely the truth but Julien was relieved that his family weren't asking further questions that might get him caught in what he is really doing. Romeo, his younger brother, had also confirmed that he has started going to school and already has a bestfriend. Julien silently prayed that Romeo won't find out that his so-called bestfriend was actually part of Julien's request from the king as protection.

"Oops! Sorry! I didn't see you there."

Julien slightly jerked forward as soft cushions bumped on his back. He looked behind him and saw a young man with thick black hair and brown eyes, burried in a pile of dirty blankets. Julien got up and stretched his hands to help but the young man refused.

"Allow me to help you, Jas. That's too heavy for you."

"Oh come on, Julien. Don't underestimate me like that! I'm much stronger than you think. Besides, these are just blankets. I used to help in carrying armors, swords and other sorts of weapons during the Pax Tournament. Anyways, I have to wash these now. Bye! "

Tournament?

At that, Jas walked away and left Julien all on his own again. What was taking Xio so long? And as if the heavens have listened to him, the door was opened and revealed Xio in his usual black tailcoat and gloved hands. He held a paperbag on one hand and gave it to Julien, his other hand placed on his back. When the lad opened it, his eyes met black and white. Taking the clothes out, he scanned the white, long-sleeved shirt and black pants. Stretching them, Julien nodded to himself and began to scan the multiple belts that should be put around his chest, waist, biceps and thighs. The leather was nice and soft, and the small pouches attached to the ones that were placed in the thighs weren't too big but weren't too small either. Looking at the last item inside, he picked it up and rose a brow at Xio.

"Is this neck tie really necessary?"

"I figured it would suit you, along with the leather belts."

Julien scrunched up his nose in disgust and politely handed the tie back to the butler. He was never one to wear anything that blocks his neck like ties and chokers. They were always bothersome and Julien hated that choking feeling up his neck. Xio then extended his other hand and revealed Julien's dagger and what looked like an emblem. It was similar and also different to what was on the soldiers' uniforms. The soldiers' were knitted nicely while the one infront of Julien was engraved in what seemed like silver and copper, making it a little heavy. The eagle was beautifully engraved with the word VANTHOMHYR on top of it.