Chapter Three- Reena

A continuous knock on the door interrupted Julien from his nap. He groaned and rubbed his temples before standing up and putting on a robe that was given to him the first day. It has been two days and not once has Julien stepped out of the room. He was thankful that a thing like room service was available so he didn't have to go out to eat. Julien doesn't need to meet other people from the ship. The people he met two days ago were already strange as it is.

"A pleasant afternoon sir. I was tasked to inform you that in five minutes, we will arrive at our destination."

"Okay. Thank you."

Julien nodded at the lady before closing the door. At the time he was inside the room, Julien's head was still full of uncertainty and doubts. He thought about it over and over until his head actually ached from too much thinking. If he succeeds, he could go home to his family with a smile and a pocket full of money. However, if he fails, he can never know what this place is capable of doing to him. Once he stood by the door that led outside the ship, he raised the rosary on his neck and kissed it as he closed his eyes. Putting it back inside, hidden from anyone's vision, he braced himself as the doors finally opened.

"Ah, what an unusual breeze."

Julien took one big breath before taking his bags and walked down the wooden platform. The click of his shoes could be heard as he stared at the sight in front of him with wide eyes. Soldiers were at every corner you could see, armed with a gun and extra bullets but that wasn't the surprising part. The people all stood in their own lanes quietly that it surprised Julien. Who knew a system like this was possible? It was so different from where Julien came from.

"I know, it's so perfect that it seems fake."

Julien jumped back as he looked at where the voice came from. A lady with long red hair and green eyes smiled. Her pale skin and petite figure matched well with the innocent look on her eyes. Of course, she was far from innocent and Julien knew how looks can be deceiving most of the times. You can look at a beautiful young lady in awe but when she turns in to a monster during your vulnerable state, it would make you regret every single decision you have ever made.

"You must be mister Dela Cruz. I am Reena Reeds and it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Likewise, Reena. Please, call me Julien."

"Well then, Julien, follow me."

Julien put up his hood and walked behind Reena as the lady walked confidently towards the exit of the station. Once they were outside, they both got in a carriage and started their journey to the northern city of Vanthomhyr. All the while, Julien didn't waste his time and looked out through the window as they passed by houses made of bricks, farm lands, markets and finally, the city itself. It was so different from what Julien was used to. Aside from different looking people, the place was actually neat.

"Once we arrive, you can take a rest and then we'll have a talk at dinner time. Oh! Do you have the papers with you?"

"Yes, they're inside my bag. Do you need them now?"

"I'll have a look at them later. For now, please have a good rest. After tonight, you'll have a long day tomorrow."

In just a few minutes, the carriage came to a stop. Both Reena and Julien stepped out and grabbed the bags. Julien looked up in awe at the vintage style house in front of him. It was indeed pleasant to the eyes. They both walked inside and Julien asked for a restroom immediately to which Reena chuckled at and showed.

" I'll be downstairs when you need me."

Reena informed as she walked down the stairs and towards the kitchen to prepare for dinner. Julien flopped down the small bed, his limbs all sprawled out as he sighed deeply. Who would have thought sitting and lying down for two days could be so tiring? The sound of carriages, horses and people could be heard through Julien's open window. He stood up, removing his coat and looked outside.