Chapter 29

" ᴄʀʏɪɴɢ ɪꜱ ʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ꜱᴘᴇᴀᴋꜱ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴘꜱ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴇxᴘʟᴀɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴇᴇʟ

" ᴄʀʏɪɴɢ ɪꜱ ʜᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ꜱᴘᴇᴀᴋꜱ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟɪᴘꜱ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴇxᴘʟᴀɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴇᴇʟ. "

Athanasia's royal blue jeweled eyes stared up at the vast night skies above her, seemingly to be lost in thoughts as she continually replayed the incident of what happened days ago in her head

Athanasia's royal blue jeweled eyes stared up at the vast night skies above her, seemingly to be lost in thoughts as she continually replayed the incident of what happened days ago in her head. When Athanase choked Jennette mid-air, he'd expressed nothing but his want and desire to kill her. Why? Athanasia didn't know, but she could not forget the fear that shook her core when she witnessed the scene. It was like a wake-up call of how dangerous Athanase could be [if she hadn't made him warm up to her].

A sigh escaped Athanasia's lips. "When are you coming back home, Lucas?" she asked aloud in a small voice, hugging herself and looking down.

"Why? Did you missed me already?"

Athanasia's ear twitched at the sound of a familiar obnoxious voice. Huh? She snapped her head up and opened her mouth in shock when she saw a certain black-haired wizard floating in front of her with a smile on his face. He looked the same, but he wore a different outfit and his hair was longer than before. She gasped.

"Lucas!"

The said wizard gently landed on his feet on Athanasia's balcony and send her a smirk. "What's with the sad face? Were you crying for me—" He was abruptly cut off when Athanasia walked up to him and trapped him. He looked at her in surprise. "W-Woah, what's wrong—"

"Where were you!?" the princess shouted. "Do you know how long I've been waiting?"

Lucas looked at her in confusion. "But I was only gone for three weeks," he said. "Why? What's wrong? And don't you think you're a bit too close..." His voice trailed off when he saw tears build in her eyes and looked away with a blush. Did she miss me that much? At that thought, he couldn't help but feel a little happier than usual. Clearing his throat, he tried to look serious. "Alright, why the tears?" he asked.

"Fix my brother!"

Lucas nodded with a smile. "Of course, fix your bro—" His eyes widened. "Wait, what?" He snapped his eyes down at her. "What are you talking about?"