Chapter 14

In this world, there were seven countries instead of the original five. If Athanase recalls correctly, the original five countries were; Obelia, Arlanta, Sycansia, Huale, and Siodonna. Add Lenseur and Agrigent in the list, that's a total of seven. The Obelian Empire was on good terms with the other countries, except for one; their enemy country, Agrigent. For many centuries, Obelia and Agrigent were always at each other's throat. And if a war takes place between both countries, Athanase has no choice but to partake in it and lead the army. It was his job as Crown Prince, after all.

Athanase sweat-drops, 'But why do I get the feeling that Claude won't let me go?'

"I've finished healing your wounds, Your Highness. But please do take care of yourself more" a certain ruby-eyed wizard told Athanase with a blank expression.

Athanase snapped out his thoughts and looked at his hands to see no traces of gashes or scars. He smiled and thanked the wizard. "Thank you, Lucas," he said earnestly.

Lucas looked startled for a moment before nodding and bowed. "Then, I'll take my leave. Blessings and glory upon the Obelian Empire," he said and hastily exits the prince's chambers.

Once the heavy doors shut, Athanase sighed. 'No matter how hard I try to get closer to him, he would either make up an excuse to avoid me or refuse to look at me,' thought the prince gloomily. He sighed again. 'Why does my heart feel disturbed? How come Lucas dislikes me?'

As the young prince recalled their previous encounters, Liam entered the chambers and cleared his throat. When he noticed he caught his attention, he bowed. "Blessings and glory upon the Obelian Empire." He rose. "His Majesty requests your audience. Shall I help you get ready?" he queried.

Athanase shook his head respectfully. "Thank you, Liam, but it's fine. My hands are healed now, so there's no need for your help," he said as he raised his hands to show him.

Liam sighed, "As you wish. But I heard that Your Highness fought with His Majesty last night." Athanase flinched at the crimson-haired man's stern gaze and smiled sheepishly. Liam sighed again. "I'm truly pleased to hear that Your Highness and His Majesty finally made up. It makes my heart released from the pain that's been weighing it for the last six years." Athanase's face twisted to an apologetic expression which made Liam chortled. 

"There's no need to make that face, Your Highness. I'm feeling a lot better now," he assured him. Athanase stared at him before nodding uncertainly and began changing. Liam couldn't help but smile faintly at his concern. Then, realization dawned on him. "Your Highness, tonight is the princess's debutante. Even though the princess is going with His Majesty, will you still be going?" he asked the Crown Prince curiously.

Athanase looked at him in the eye over his shoulder and smirked, which brought chills down the older man's spine. "Why are you asking the obvious? Of course, I'm going. Who wouldn't want to see my sister step on dad's fe-- I mean, my sister's lovely dance?" the Crown Prince stated.

Liam raised a brow. "Just now, were you about to say--" Athanase quickly interjected him, "Anyways! It's getting uncomfortable to change because you're here. Can you step out for a minute, Liam?" Liam eyed him dubiously before obliging. Athanase waited until he heard the door closed and sighed in relief. 'I almost spilled the beans,' he sweated.

After a few minutes, Athanase stepped out of his chambers and shut the doors behind him. He began walking towards the direction of the Garnet Palace with Liam following closely behind him. On the way there, many of his palace servants bowed and greeted him with a smile while others who've never seen him since he was a boy dropped their jaws and turned beet red when he looked at him. 'O-Oh my goodness! Is this really the same boy who roamed the palace for [favorite sweets]? H-He grew up to be so beautiful and handsome!' they inwardly screamed.