"Hey, that was her not me." I defended, pointing at Will.

"Bitch shut the fuck up, we all know it was Nicki." Will blamed, making the three of us laugh as we walked into our shared English class.

"You're going, and you're gonna look fly, and you're gonna dance with that boy." I insisted as I slipped into my seat, smiling as I saw Rocky trying to fight a smile of her own.

Rocky deserved happiness. And if snagging Tahj was gonna be the highlight of her senior year, it was happening.

🖤

"Alright. Mission get this bitch a boyfriend is underway." Nicki smiled as we all sat around for lunch. "Who's driving for the costumes?"

"Me." I offered.

"You never offer to drive." Kaylen said.

"Cause y'all always jumping at the opportunity. And with Calvin not out here hogging a damn car. I can manage to take us."

"So like, what we going for? A little slutty, risky?" Nicki asked.

"Oh God no." Rocky shook her head.

"Oh come on you-"

Rocky was quick to decline Nicki's insistence. "No."

"Show off the legs a lil bit." Kaylen tried.

"I'm good." Rocky just took a sip of her water.

Kaylen opened her mouth to continue to debate only to close it, seeing Jaleel, Tahj, and Quincy snatch the empty seats at our table. "Um, hi." Kaylen greeted.

"Some brick headed freshmans jacked our table." Jaleel informed. "So we here."

"So what we talking about?" Quincy asked, throwing an arm over my shoulder.

"Um, just, like stuff." I shrugged.

"That sounds so believable." Quincy sarcastically responded with a smile. "Who we talking shit about?"

"Bianca." Will spoke up. "And why she's acting like she's got a foot stuck up her ass, or wants one."

"What?" Quincy asked, pulling a face. "Did something happen?" He looked at me.

"No." I shook my head. "You know how Will is."

"Out here putting negative energy out here." Will just rolled her eyes, snatching Rocky's water bottle and taking a sip.

After running into her in the halls after English, her and Will ended up having an intense stare down. And Bianca muttered the words "get your friend" before walking away with some sass. If Rocky and I didn't get a quick grip on her arms Will would have surely been right behind her ready for a follow up.

"I'll talk to her, okay?" Quincy just rubbed my shoulder and all I could do was nod.

I'll let him handle it since it was his friend, while I just focused on my own.

My eyes went to Rocky, noticing how tense she got since Tahj took a seat at the table. She kept looking down and around with her head but her body was as stiff as a rock.

It was adorable yet concerning.

"Y'all going to the Halloween party?" I asked, looking to Jaleel and Tahj.

"I don't know if I'm dressing up but yeah, I'll be around." Jaleel responded. "Y'all going?"

"We're thinking about it." Kaylen responded.

"What do you think Rocky should dress up as?" I wondered, looking to Tahj.

Rocky instantly looked up and dead at me with shock while I tried to hide a smile, watching Tahj observe her. "Uhhhh... a cat."

"A cat?" Nicki and I repeated, pulling faces as we looked to him.

"Yeah y'know. The whole black suit with the tail. Draw on some whiskers. It'll be cute." He simply explained.

"What about me?" Kay tried with a smile.

"Superhero." He responded.

"Which one?"

"Pick one."

Quincy just chuckled softly at that. The rest of lunch being filled with all of us going back and forth joking around with each other, or normal conversations turning a lot more interesting due to the fact that we had boys around to provide different opinions.

It felt nice to have all of us together.

🖤

"So I'll pick you up later?" Q suggested as we sat in the parking lot of my job, he was dropping me off before going to his own job a couple minutes away.

"Yeah." I nodded softly before leaning forward and pecking his lips. "See you then." I let myself out of the car with my bag, starting to walk to the entrance.

"Hey!" He called out to me, making me jog back to the car, going to his window.

"What?" I questioned.

"I love you." He smiled.

"Love you too." I placed multiple kisses on his lips before rushing inside so I wouldn't be late to clock in.

I spent the next couple hours filling in where I was needed whether it be at one of the registers or stocking shelves. I was all over the place, making the time I spent there useful.

"Oh, you work here." A voice spoke, making me turn around from restocking the pasta shelves, seeing Bianca.

"Shouldn't you know that?" I asked, taking a second to take her in before turning around, and pulling a face. "Being my man's best friend and that."

"I wouldn't say best friend." She responded. "We didn't talk about you much." She reached beside me, and grabbed a spaghetti box.

"So if y'all ain't talk about me, what's the issue?" I questioned, turning back to her.

"What are you talking about?" She pulled a face of her own.

"You really think I don't see the faces you be pulling when I walk past you in the hall? Did you or did you not have a whole staring contest with my best friend a couple hours ago?"

Bianca just shrugged softly. "She looked like she had a problem, so I did the mature thing and told you to handle it."

"You know what's real mature? If you stay out my business and my man's business. And if that's an issue address it to me directly." I crossed my arms as I stared her down. "Feel me?"

Bianca let out a small smile before starting to push her cart further down the hallway. "Whatever you say."

I watched her disappear in front of me, leaving me to roll my eyes and get back to my job. "Hatin' ass bitch."

I didn't do well with people getting on my bad side. And if her choice was gonna be to carry on, it wasn't gonna end well for her.