Chapter 47 - Pizza nights

Start from the beginning

Gripping his fork tighter, Noah bit his lip, the taste of metal invading his mouth. His fight or flight reflexes making everything around him seem a bit foggy as his heartbeat sped up.

"I'm not single." Noah spoke, his words spoken calmly, his voice deeper yet very clear.

"What?" Will turned to his son with a lifted brow.

"I'm not single, and neither is Irwin." Noah answered him.

"Well, that's surprising." Alice spoke laughing. "Why are you acting so serious?"

"Then are they going together on your crazy trips?" Will asked confused.

Staring at his son, the older couple felt out of place. Why was he throwing a fit like that? Did they say something wrong? It was not as if they were against their older son dating.

"There's no they." Noah said. The words barely leaving his mouth.

"What?" Alice asked confused, the nonchalant smile on her face not reaching her eyes as she was very confused.

"There's no they." Noah repeated himself, grabbing his lover's hand under the table.

"How is there no they? Noah, are you okay?" Will asked confused. "You are speaking nonsense."

Staring straight at his parents, Noah calmed himself a bit.

"What I'm trying to say is..." Noah's voice was calm, staring at Irwin he took courage in his words. Putting their intertwined hands on top of the table, he stared at his parents. His eyes were confident. "Mom, Dad... I want to introduce to you, my boyfriend."

Inside a car on the busy capital traffic, Luna hummed along to a song that played on the radio, her left-hand holding Leonard's right as the man drove.

"The streets are blocked for cleaning. I think it will take a while for us to reach my place. Should we just eat around here?" Leonard spoke, looking around.

From the looks of it, it would probably take at least an hour to reach his house.

"I know a good pizza place, it's around here." Luna said.

As the two arrived at the fast-food joint. The two sat at a table at the corner of the room. Because the place was located in a secluded area, it was empty. Especially since the city's anniversary was normally a day where people cooked homemade foods and went to formal dinners.

"Oh, this place is very nostalgic." Luna commented, looking around. "I used to come here when I was younger. My brother brought me here when he got his license. He was only driving around tranquil streets, but it was rush hour, so instead of facing the main street, we stopped here and ate pizza until the traffic got better. Surprisingly, they have a really good pineapple barbecue pizza, and my brother really likes pineapple on pizza, so from time to time we would come here."

"He likes pineapple on pizza?" Leonard lifted a brow. Correcting himself right after. "Not judging."

Laughing, Luna looked at the menu that was displayed on the wall.

"He's the only person I know that likes pineapple on pizza." She laughed. "I'm personally not a big fan either. But they have good chocolate pizza."

"We should order that." Leonard spoke, getting up and going to the counter. "What else would you like?"

"Oh, no, I said it would be on me." Luna said getting up too.

"But you already repaid me." Leonard spoke, stroking Luna's hair.

Lifting a brow Luna was not convinced.

"Let me get the pizza." She insisted. "It's the least I could do."