Chapter 39 - Connections and Confusions

Just as every evening, the birds chirped in contempt as the bright sun outside reached is peak. As if feeling the moment, the midday breeze blew the expensive curtains open, brightening the reflective white marble floor. The few sunlight rays that entered the always chilly apartment, allowed a bit of heat to touch the skin of the two inside, creating a beautiful spotlight surrounding them.But none of it mattered for the couple in the room as if they were the only ones in the world.

When the air in both their lungs dimmed, the two bodies separated, slowly slipping their cloudy conscience back to the present.
Staring at each other's eyes no sound was heard apart from the heavy breaths and their loud heart beats, yet at the same time no words needed to be spoken as the lingering feeling of desire from the both of them screamed louder as if time itself had stopped to give the couple some space.

But as if not reading the mood, a ringing of a cellphone was enough to bring them both back to reality.

Blinking twice, Luna recognized the ringing to be hers sighting with regret. Now that what was done was done, she had no idea how to deal with it. What was she supposed to say? Why did that happen? Did he also like her? Did she force it? What would they do now? She had just kissed the man she considered to be one of her closest friends. Although she had wished for such moment to happen a couple of times inside her head, now that it was real, Luna didn't know what to do.

And inside the man's head, the confusion was no other. How did that happen? And what did it mean? Did she feel the same way he did? Did he force himself on her? Did she give in to the feelings created by the music? Or was it just a matter of destiny? If she didn't like it she would have pushed him away. But at the same time, he was holding her pretty tight. Yet, if she hated it, she wouldn't have pulled him closer. Leonard was baffled. He shot his shot, yet he didn't. And now, looking at the woman in front of him, he didn't know what to do. How to act. For the first time in his life he had no plan. Perhaps he was thinking too much into it, perhaps he should just let it flow. Yet, how come, something inside his heart wished for him to force it further.

Looking away, Luna got up, giving a shy and awkward smile towards the man.

"I should go pick it up."

As the woman stood up from the piano, turning her back to the man, she felt a firm grip on her wrist suddenly stopping her in her tracks .Tight enough to stop her steps, yet gentle enough to not actually hurt her in any way. Allowing herself to succumb in his touch, her whole body turned as the man pulled her into his arms, his tall stature towering over her by a few inches, his torso hard, and warm as their bodies collided.
Staring deeply in his eyes once again that looked as lustful as her own, with their faces inches away from each other, Luna diminishing the distance they already lacked, locking her arms around his neck and pulling his lips closer to her. His large hands reaching for her back pulling her in an embrace as he made his way through her lips, the warmth of his body spreading through her skin as he slowly topped her with his body but still not letting their lips apart, her hands slowly making their way through his broad chest while his large hands cupped her face with care as if she was the most precious flower in the world.

"I wouldn't forgive myself if I let you go." The man whispered, his hoarse and deep voice, sending tingles down Luna's back as he pulled her lips back to his, picking her up from the small stool and pressing her back into the wall . She closed her eyes again, allowing her body to be overwhelmed by his every touch, parting her lips as his hands traveled all the way down towards her waist, letting him feel her curves, allowing a new set of sensations overwhelm her once again, her knees almost giving in as it lost strength. The addictive sensation making both bodies attach to each other in a firm grasp, his soft lips colliding with hers, as both felt the fluttering feeling consume their bodies.