Chapter 44 - Early morning

In a nest of silk, a figure emerged. Her eyes extended tall as she stretched her back. Her hair even messier than her sheets. As Luna got out of bed, a smile surfaced on her face. An uncommon view for someone who had to wake up four in the morning. Making her bed as she hummed along to a song inside her head. She twirled around the room towards her bathroom. Although she had only gotten a couple of hours of sleep, she was in a good mood. Looking at her face she noticed how puffy it looked. High sodium was truly the enemy of beauty. Still, she paid no mind as she now sang out loud as she continued with her morning routine.

Now ready and very hydrated, Luna took her time with breakfast, making sure that no crumbs got on her clothes, she went straight into her phone. Reading the messages she had missed yesterday night. She only answered a few selected and her brother's who had convinced himself she had been abducted as she ignored all his pestering the night before.

As the "Good Morning" text was sent, only a few seconds had passed before her phone ringed.

Picking it up, Luna got up to go brush her teeth.

"So you're alive afterall." Noah spoke in a very sarcastic way.

"Why are you up so early?" Luna wondered, her words barely understandable as she brushed her teeth.

Noah had always been a protective brother. In every single relationship she had. It probably had something to do with her poor choice of partners. Still, it was always like this.

"That's what I wanted to ask you. Did you just come home?"

"No, unlike some people I have to go to work." Luna retorted.

"Today's a holiday." Noah retorted. His tone sounding proud of his excuse.

"I know, that's why I'm taking the day off to work on my album." Luna cleaned her mouth.

"That sounds a lot like the opposite of taking a day off." He complained. "What are you going to do for your next album? Still following the heartbreak queen path?"

Grabbing her purse and her keys, she walked towards the exit. Locking the door.

"I don't know yet. I have some songs already written. But I also want to work on new things. Singing some of those songs takes me to a dark place I don't want to be in."

"Then don't sing it." Noah retorted.

"But they are really good." She cried out.

Although she couldn't see? Luna knew her brother's brows were knitted in a frown. She loved to act like a spoiled brat around him. It really pissed him off.

"Then sing it with an outside perspective."

Lifting her brows startled, Luna wondered what happened to her brother. It was actually a serious proposal.

"But weren't you who said that sad people don't go to concerts?" Luna kept pressing. She didn't actually want answers, she would do it anyway, she just liked to bicker.

"Why don't you mix it up? Do a seasons concept."

Lifting her brow, Luna thought about it, it was very overused.

"Seasons concept? That's tacky."

"Just don't announce it as such. Release it having in mind a progression of feelings or something like that. I don't know."

Entering her car, Luna was speechless. It was a really good idea. She could work with different concepts without it seeming weird.

"Just do whatever. But do what you do best, belt notes and make people rethink their lives. That way you can stamp your name as a serious solo singer."