Chapter 1- Second chance

In a big luxurious room, laying down on the twenty thousand dollar bed you could spot the blonde beauty waking up alone, just as she did most nights. Her fake tan was noticeable and her blonde hair was thinning out from all the exposure to the bleaching treatments, but all those flaws seemed meaningless when seeing the beauty as a whole.

Passing her hands through her damaged hair, she approached her fingers to her face making the strands of blonde mess visible. Was it all a dream? She sighed. But when did she get home? She could swear it was real. Putting one feet at a time in her slippers that still stood next to the right side of the bed, she put her robe on and proceeded to complete her everyday morning routine. Opening the curtains letting the sun come in, taking her morning shower, making her coffee from scratch and going to the balcony to get her daily sunlight. Her mother always said that just as plants, the sun had the power to give us energy.

She let a deep sigh, heading towards her window. Making sure to be cautious when opening the left side, last year Derek tripped over damaging half of the hooks, and since none of them had the time to get it fixed, it just stood the way it was. Somehow, the curtains just glided open. Looking up she noticed that it was fixed, like there never had had an accident.

"So he actually got it fixed." She said with a satisfied look on her face. She looked out the window, it was surprisingly quiet, considering that the construction that had been going for almost a trimester, normally made a lot of noise. Especially in the morning. She had found it to be weird that she wasn't woken up by the loud Bang, at 5 am. But to her surprise it wasn't there, the huge building that started to steal the brightness of her room at 2 pm was gone. And the old supermarket was still there.

Looking around she found it weird, almost like a déjà vu. She turned to face the room. Oh no, the vase she had thrown at the wall in their tenth marriage anniversary when she found out he spent it with Nancy. She had been so delusional. The flower bouquet, the French chef, the car she had always wanted, he would never get it for her. And for the last time he broke her heart, and it was when it was set and she was done with him. Maybe that was when she became so fixated in becoming better than Nancy. So childish. Still, it made no sense that the vase was still in the tiny table in the corner of the room. It was a relic. She had gotten it as a marriage present from her father. The only vase in the world, priceless and irreplaceable. Instead of donating to the museum, he gifted her and she had broken it out of anger. How dumb could she get?

She walked over, only to stop in front of the big table in the room, that letter. She recognized that letter. She wrote it in her one year anniversary, one which Derek made an awful excuse not to be present. Deep down she knew he was with another woman, but she still held hope. She took the letter in her hand.

"Weird" She said examining it in her hands. It was still sealed. "Funny, I could swear that he read it out loud once he came home in the next morning. How come it's still sealed?" She wondered.

But in a glance she looked at her hands. So soft, so new, nothing like the stained hand she usually had from all the years in the tanning booth.

"Hold up."

In a beat she looked at her body, it was so skinny. Almost sickly skinny, her damaged long hair and thoroughly tanned skin, she was a walking carrot for heaven's sake. She ran to the nearest body mirror, which, in her room, stood in the bathroom.

"What the actual fuck?" She said almost in a whisper.

Walking closer to the body mirror, she could see herself. Her 24 year old self. She remembered today. Today was the day of the 5 year renewal of her contract, along with her one year marriage anniversary. Today she would sign her solo career, which in return would end her bandmates'. Today was the day when they would start working on her new album. Last year she launched two solo songs as an experiment. 'Tell me you love me' and 'some'