Chapter 12: Expired Test Kit!

Beginne am Anfang

P.S.: Baby boy's GIFT 1

: Baby boy's GIFT 1

P.S.: Baby Boy's GIFT 2

He stood up abruptly after setting back the gifts inside the bag and made his way to the bathroom in his study in crisp steps. He washed his hands and face several times, desperately wanting to get rid of the tobacco content over his lips and fingers. Once he was done, he stepped out of the washroom and made his way to the table where he had put the little gift bag. With the feeling of being a father enveloping him he made his way towards their bedroom.

* * *

"Tesoro?"

"Tesoro?"

Alexander called while looking for his wife in their room. Placing the gift bag on their bed he made his way towards the balcony thinking she might be in there. She always loved sitting on the little swing chair in their balcony and write her stories. But the man met an empty balcony; his wife was nowhere seen. Thinking she might be in the bathroom he made his way towards it while unbuttoning his shirt. He immediately stopped in his tracks when he heard her little sobs coming from the bathroom. He rushed inside and saw his wife sitting in one corner and sniffing softly.

"Hey... What's wrong baby? Why are you crying?" He asked while sitting next to her and pulling her soft body on his lap.

"I am sorry!" She said in a week tone and continued crying while throwing her hands around his neck confusing him even more

"Why are you crying Tesoro? What are you apologising for?" He asked while running his fingers in her hair and kissing on top of her head.

"It's negative!" She complained in between her sobs and pointing towards the pregnancy test kit on the floor. Alexander looked in the direction his wife pointed and closed his eyes while clicking his tongue.

"Sweetheart, you don't have to cry over that. It's okay. It's not in our control. Alright? Plus, it's not the end of the world. You can get pregnant anytime." He said in a soft tone while hugging her tightly.

He was not a fool. The way she was reacting, he understood there was more to it. He knew that she was feeling bad about the negative result but more than that she was worried. She was worried about his reaction about this entire pregnancy subject.