●23●

Hello, I am back with a new update. But yes, as usual, it's not edited. I did write it in a flow, so I have no idea, how the chapter has turned out. Still, it's a long chapter, fill free to comment if you guys find it a bit messy. I tried my best.

Happy reading . . .

***

I saw him before I felt him, I have always hated this line, whenever I have read it in any romantic novels; but now that I am standing in front of the opaque door, I can feel his eyes on me. Last night was something I can never forget. Every time I close my eyes, the feeling of his lips upon mine, relays in front of me like a beautiful memory.

My cheeks warm, as I dig my toes in my shoes. Sighing heavily, I push the door, “And here I thought she was glued to the place.” Akshay murmurs. I roll my eyes as they sweep over the man sitting just beside him. As impressive as ever, he looks breathtaking in a simple button-down shirt and a black jean.

I look at the interior. Like the man himself, the office room reflects the flamboyant nature of Akshay. With a bright red wall combined with the rest of the beige coloured walls, the room looks like a happy place. “Nice room,” I say while walking towards them.

“So, you met Ananya?” Shravan asks me, leaning forward, resting his hands on his knees.

I nod at him, as I explain, how I ran into her today, while Preety and I were at the shopping mart in the morning. She was embarrassed as well as surprised to meet me, more when Saahil came towards her, hugging her from the back. Shravan called me at that very moment, as I told him about Ananya and Saahil, he asked me to meet him at Akshay’s office. I asked Preety to go home with the groceries, while I took a cab here.

“I didn’t know, they are together,” I say, making myself comfortable on the couch.

Akshay looks at me then at Shravan, “I guess, you need to see this.”

I watch the video, how a man was standing just beside me until I finished my drink; how I ran after the man, and I collided with Saahil. Unfortunately, the cameras weren’t angled in such a way that we could see the man’s face; and lastly, how Ananya and Saahil were making out in the semi-dark corridor. I hum, “I understand that I had been drugged, but what does that have to do with Saahil and Ananya?”

“I feel it’s none other than Saahil, Suman.” Akshay thins his lips, “If anyone who would be benefitted by Shravan’s life, is Saahil. The CEO post goes straight to him, not only that, if Shravan isn’t in the picture, he and his father are going to be the majority shareholders, that means, Ram uncle will lose his chairmanship too.”

“So, you are saying, he is the one who threw that note to us?” I crane my neck to look at Shravan, who looks a bit disturbed.

Akshay replies on behalf of him, “I guess, yes. The man who you were following was wearing a black shirt and pants. All Saahil had to put on a black coat.”

I wet my lips, “But, he was not . . . I mean, I collided with him, and I saw the man was running away from there. Secondly, Saahil was wearing a white shirt under his black coat.”

“You were drunk, Suman, you couldn’t have seen him so minutely.”

“He was this close to me, Akshay, I would never not notice what he was wearing. And secondly, just because, god forbid if anything happens to Shravan and the post goes straight to him, that doesn’t make him the attacker.”