CHAPTER FIVE

Kyle took a deep breath focused on the beautiful scenery in front of him. He appreciated God for the fact that he didn't have much problems or things to entice him to drown in the lake. He was not ignorant of the fact that many people had such problems.

He had just got off the phone with his sister Natasha who told him his mother was breathing fire down her neck as to why she allowed her brother leave the house without her permission and travel all the way to another continent.

She just couldn't understand why the 4 years age difference she had over Kyle seemed so useless and insignificant when it came to controlling him. Hell be damned! What could Natasha do even if she wanted? His mother was just overly dramatic and the reasons for that were beyond him.

He took a deeper breath and remembered his father and the life he had built that he was now beginning to dislike. Especially the episode that ensued when he wanted to come and see his son after his arrival from the states. Kyle knew they were simply doing their very important job, but he couldn't wrap his head around it.

An unwanted and unwelcomed thought assailed him. That cold Indian girl came running into his imaginations. His heartbeat accelerated and he almost gasped for air. Was she a staff too? He thought.

He jerked up from the mat he spread in the sand and looked around with gritted teeth. He'd been there for a week, yet he had not set eyes on her, but then again there were so many staffs in his father's estate with so many things to do. Probably, she's the busy type, but damn, she's so cold.

So cold and rude. Was she hiding from something? Kyle thought. He knew not to judge people from experience. His father for his busy lifestyle had been judged to have affairs outside his marriage. And everyone was quick to accept and believe it when inconsequential evidence came up, even his mother almost fell for it. Until they all found it to be lies and had no way to save face.

Her attitude though was point-blank, outrageous. His father had given him reasons which he still saw as excuses though he personally held no gavel against her.

"What the heck is her name even?" He thought getting up from the mat and folding it. He remembered her cherry red lips and the ice-cream that dropped into her mouth and something stirred in his insides.

He grit his teeth and looked up to see two ladies in bikinis. One had a short length black hair and it suddenly reminded him of the Indian girl's black mass of a hair. Their full quality and rich color spread abroad in the floor. Silky and inviting and he almost cursed for the feeling it stirred in him. He shook his head to get the image off his mind. Now his father would have good reason to chastise him for being in India.

*

"There! That's a good spot." Vandisha cheerily shouted, pointing her index finger at a vacant spot on the beach with a colorful umbrella. She tightened her hold on the mat under her arms and grabbed Pavish's hand.

"Hurry or we'll lose it." She said laughing and advancing towards the umbrella. Pavish pulled her hand out of Vandisha's grip and started ahead of her.

"Race you there. Last one's a fool." She said taking bigger strides ahead of Vandisha.

"Cheating little bastard." Vandisha laughed racing her with one hand on head to keep her hat from flying off.

"I win!" Pavish declared with a flourish.

"Of course you do." Vandisha mocked, throwing the mat at Pavish who caught it just in time and aptly spread it on the sand like she had done that a million times before. She sat immediately and crossed her legs. She was really excited about being outside in the open air like this.

Vandisha, the ever graceful and poised one laid herself nimbly on the mat and rested on her weight on her right arm, watching the scene before them. This was a much needed vacation for most, she noticed. There were several people from different races with pale or bronzed bared bodies, walking around in bikinis, scarves, shorts and whatever they pleased. Some went swimming a safe distance from the middle of the water while the little kids dreamily built sand castles.