𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 3: 𝑂𝑟𝑛𝑎𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑠

Five POV:

I was currently with Y/N at her old house. She was searching for something in her kitchen cupboard, while I stood by her kitchen table.

Her apartment was small,  quite empty, but really old. Really, really old. Y/N took a black rectangle box out of her cupboard and left it on the table. Her eyes looked anxious, for some reason.

I sat down at took the box in front of me, opening it. I searched any sign for permission in Y/N's moves, until I saw her eyes nodding at the box.

Its content was mainly photographs and newspaper articles. The first one had the photo of a murder scene. "Who is the killer of the 3 businessmen in Louisiana?" I looked at her. She was a Corrector, just like me. More mysteries and murders, to which she was clearly related to.

Then, the content changed. There was a photo of Y/N, but older, maybe at her 30s. She wore seemingly expensive jewelry and looking at the camera with a serious expression. I smiled a bit.

She was beautiful.

The articles she had talked about her, "a mathematician, a model, an artist." None the less, I could see why the Commission chose her.

The last part of the box was still photos and articles. "8 year old beats the world's best mathematicians." More pictures of her in front of black boards full of math, medals and awards.

The last paper: An article.

"14 year old Y/N missing. Found dead by the woods."

I looked up at her and all I could see was that little girl.

That little girl that left everything and everyone to go to the future and the past.

" When I became 14, I decided to go back to the 50s'. Every time you travel through time, you go to your destination in the age you left. I became someone special for the world. I made things better."

She said with a soft nostalgic smile. I frowned. She was made to do horrible things in order to balance the effect she had to the world after the Apocalypse.

"Then I wanted to go see the future. And I got stuck at the Apocalypse: The place ,the only place where the time is so fragile and strong at the same time that it keeps you there. Killed people. Murdered and tortured them. And then tried to destroy the Commission."

I couldn't help but look at her. Her story, her life." It must be unbearable." I said. " To live all these lives. To have escaped so many times." She simply smirked at me and took a cigarette under her table. She gave it to me, before I could say I don't smoke. The ciggarette caught my attention. It had a little note on it.

"Give it back next time. -Marry"

I widened my eyes in realization. "This is the person that should be killed?" I said as she nodded. Adrenaline rushed through my veins. We could finally stop the Apocalypse. " The only problem is that I met her back at 50's. She must be dead by now, but why was her name there if she was dead?" She asked and looked out of the window.

WE would have to go to the Commission. We would have to get any file about her.

We should know if she was dead or alive, if she was a time traveler as well.

"Do you remember how she looked like?" I asked her , trying to get any clue we could have about her. Y/N shook her head in disappointment. "If I saw her I could definitely recognize her, but the faces have been blurred in time." She said and stood up, hugging her body with her arms.

I looked back down at the photos and the articles that were spread across the table. I spotted her photo in the jewelry and took it in my hands.

She looked beautiful.

She is beautiful.

I shoved the picture in my pocket and followed her steps.

In case time separates us, dear Y/N.

I will always remember you.

Y/N POV:

I went over to my old desk and took the equations about the time distortion . I turned to give them to Five, but he was just at the door of my bedroom. I smiled a bit at his sight.

He wore only his white button-ups, with sleeves rolled up his arms, his hair ruffled and slightly wavy. I blushed as I gave him the files. He didn't seem to notice, thank god.

I went over to the table and gathered the content of the box, putting them all back in place, and shoving the box deep inside the kitchen cupboard.

The only thing on the table was the old, yellowish ciggarette.

I smiled sadly.

I never gave her back the ciggarette.