"Yeah! You really enjoyed throwing me down that tunnel into the crystal catacombs back in Ba Sing Se!" Zuko seethed.

"Guys, calm down." Sokka attempted to coax them down. "He could be an important asset to us."

Zuko rolled his eyes.
"He was Azula's right hand during the siege and he tried to kill Yuri and Sueh!"

Sokka then paused for a moment before pointing his finger accusingly at Gato.
"Get out of here!"

He scoffed.
"Perhaps someone didn't tell you the reason why I'm here." Gato looked over Sokka's shoulder to gaze at Soana.

The princess sighed, feeling the attention being drawn to her.
"Look," She spoke subtly.
"Gato's just as innocent as us. Zuko, you should know that whatever Azula says is just lies. Gato never tried to kill anyone, not even Yuri or Sueh. If anything he was blinded by your sister's manipulation and when he finally gained his true sight, he was caught."

The prince had his glare on the former Dai Li agent as did everyone else.
"Why should we believe him? All he's done was cause trouble for everyone."

"Need I remind you that each of us didn't like you at some point?" Soana crossed her arms at her husband.

Zuko hesitated to Sokka, Gato, Suki, back to Soana then shook his head.
"Yeah, but I think I redeemed myself after some of major convincing. This guy just happened to help Azula take over the biggest and most impenetrable city in the world. Everything I did can't be compared to that!"

Gato cocked his head then rolled his eyes.
"Yeah, I know I haven't been the most amazing person to you people recently. I get it, but how about we work out a small deal?"

"Like what?" Sokka sneered.

"I was thinking earlier," Gato looked around them discreetly to make sure no one would notice how they were talking so casually.
"I have an escape plan, but I never had enough people to do it."

"Why should we take your trust when all you've done was betray everyone here?" Suki rolled her eyes.

"Because I'm the only chance you got." Gato smirked then sent a wink at the Kyoshi Warrior out of spite.

Suki formed her lips in a straight line as everyone waited for Gato to explain.
"I was checking out those coolers a month ago when I was put in one as punishment. The whole point of them is to keep fire benders contain, you know? I'm an earth bender, so it doesn't have much affect on me besides getting hypothermia and a sinus infection."

Zuko seethed.
"Where are you going with this?"

Soana rested her hand on Zuko's forearm and sent him a look to pipe down.

"Can it, hothead."
Gato rolled his eyes.
"I'm saying they're completely insulated and sealed to keep the cold in. Well, to keep the cold in, it also has to keep the heat out, right?"

"Just get to the point, Gato." Suki said impatiently.

"Oh!" Sokka widened his eyes and whisper shouted out of excitement.
"I know what he's trying to say! It's the perfect boat for getting through the boiling water!"