20

"You both better visit Reid and I. It's going to be so quiet without you two here." Yuri said as Sueh and Soana packed their things in their bedroom.

"If you see the Avatar up there you better let me know!" Reid said to Sueh before running away to play with his stuffed platypus bear.

Sueh was finished before Soana since she hadn't been in Ba Sing Se for as long as her. In response to Yuri's comment, Sueh turned her attention to the mother.

"Don't you worry about a thing. We will be over enough to do our shopping trips and to visit with Reid."

As Sueh and Yuri chatted away, Soana had a satchel full of clothes that she had got during her stay. She decided to pack those with since she would need those clothes the first week of being in the upper ring.

While she packed, Soana came across a reminder of her past; the betrothal necklace Zuko made for her.

It was at the bottom of her satchel from when the mechanist had packed her bag along with her water pouch.

When she held it in her hands she closed her eyes and reminisce the time she had with Zuko at the North Pole prior to the truth of Niko's murder.

Her head spun when the memory became as clear as day.

"Soana?" She heard Sueh ask.
"Are you alright?"

Soana opened her eyes and turned her head slightly, putting the betrothal necklace in the pocket of her robe.
"Yeah, uhm," She hesitated.
"I just need some fresh air."

Without being questioned, Soana got up and left the her bedroom to walk out the front door.

The night had fallen along with the temperature.

Soana hugged herself to keep her arms warm as she inhaled then exhaled. A gust of wind swept through the empty area of the lower ring, making the hair that framed Soana's face sway side to side.

It was silent and everything looked to be still until the princess noticed a figure walking on the rooftops of the condemned houses.

Suspicion had consumed Soana when she saw that the person wore a blue dragon mask and black clothing. The sword sheath that laid diagonally across his back held two dual swords, making Soana's suspicion stronger.

Determined to know who was treading on the rooftops as the infamous Blue Spirit, she began to follow the person as silently as she could manage.

She had the "Blue Spirit" in her sights, but when she followed them down an alleyway they disappeared. Feeling defeated, Soana sighed and turned around only to see the person wearing the blue dragon mask in a threatening, tall stance.

Although the person looked to be dangerous she felt no fear whatsoever. Instead she felt sympathy.

The person reached on their back and grabbed their dual swords only to line them in an X on their chest.

"I didn't know the Blue Spirit used weapons?" Soana asked, standing tall and brave.

The person didn't answer her question, but they did speak.
"Why aren't you afraid?" He questioned.