His forefinger rests oddly on my wrist, pressing firmly. Bad hand placement? I play it off as if nothing was wrong, keeping the faltering smile on my face. He lets go and do as well, letting my hand drop to my side. His brow is furrowed, almost as if something was confusing him. "You remind me of someone..." Someone...

Was he checking my pulse or something?

Or... was he gathering information...?

"I-I wouldn't count on it, sir. I'm like every other person in the world." Except I'm not. He... He wasn't talking about me reminding him of Rhea was he?! This is bad... If he found out, he would probably ki--

"Mia, I see that you've met the Lightning God already." Ares's voice catches me off guard as he angles his body in front of mine, almost protectively. I could tell that Zeus was already suspicious, his static blue eyes trying to connect the dots. "It's good to know that you're getting acquainted with everyone, regardless of whether or not they're a piece of shit." The glare that Ares gives Zeus makes even my skin prickle.

A chill seemed to settle over us as the other God turns his attention to him. "What is it this time, Ares?" He says with a sigh, crossing his arms. He looked like a grandfather talking to his son, with an eyebrow raised expectantly at him. The God of War smirks at him, before squaring his shoulders, rising to his full height.

To anyone else, it must've looked like Ares was just trying to rile him up, but I don't miss the fact that by doing so, he completely cut me out of Zeus's view.

He covered me, moving the attention to himself.

The lessons that told me that the God of War was nothing more than a bloodthirsty fanatic who stood as a figure of unrestrainted slaughter forgot to mention just how much of a psychological genius he was.

So far, he's already shown that he could put up different fronts, ones that were absolutely opposite to each other. As in the moments where he tried to kill me. Or maybe that wasn't an act, and he just was able to cut his personality into different pieces... Either way, he was a great actor. Unbelieveably convincing.

Being a good actor was one thing... and the other was that he knew exactly when to do it.

When he destroyed the throne that I was sitting at... I'm pretty sure that he didn't try to kill me... No, he didn't. Thinking back at it, he smashed it... Why would he smash it if he had a sword? Wouldn't that just be a waste of energy? Or was it that he wanted to make sure that the people outside heard...

Why?

"Hey, Phobus?" I ask, looking up at him. He gave me a curious glance, waving for us to walk away from the other two. As soon as I'm out of ear shot, I continue my question. "Who was the last human to come to Olympus?" He pauses for a second, before tapping his chin.

"A man named Bruins Helwick." I tilted my head, waiting for him to elaborate. "Dionysus brought him to Olympus for a short visit because he lost in a drinking game against the mortal." I nodded, before looking up at the chandelier. Then back at the God of Panic, not really sure how to say this.

"Did the Gods go after him too?" Phobus hesitates for a second before reluctantly nodding his head. I knew it.

"Curiosity gets the best of us sometimes. Deimos was the one who finally got to him in the end. He died within two hours. Anytime a mortal sets foot into this place, everyone thinks that they're something special or interesting. You know, half of the gods thought that you were already dead since we heard that Ares's was the one who lost his temper." I give him a small smile, his words confirming my thoughts. The God of War deserves far more credit than he gets.