xix. gabriel

"Are you going to meet with him?"

"Aren't I obligated to?" She sighed, "He's my brother."

Caliban nodded, clearly not attempting to sway her. He knew that she knew best and wasn't going to get in the way of that.

"Does this mean you have to go back to earth?"

"I'll have to, yes."

She wasn't sure what would happen when she'd see Anna. Yes, there was unconditional love but there were some boundaries. Jophiel wasn't sure if this crossed those.

"Do you think he'd mind if I were there with you?"

She looked up at him, "Gabriel is the most laid-back, so I'm sure he wouldn't mind it."

Caliban watched as she was still panicking, he tried thinking of some way to comfort her. He pulled her around into a hug, she began to melt into his arms.

"Thank you Caliban."

He didn't say anything. He felt his heart beat quickly as she reciprocated the hug. They sat there for several moments, until pulling away.

"I think I should probably try and get up."

"Be careful, darling."

Which she was—her legs felt like jelly causing her to stumble only a tad. Caliban held her hand as she steadied herself.

"I think I'm okay now." She smiled weakly, "I probably need to bathe. Is that a thing in Hell?"

"Of course," He chuckled, "Follow me."

He led her into a room with a beautiful tub, it was a darker room. The only light was from candles, there seemed to be a common theme in Hell.

"Sit here," He smiled.

He began to draw a bath for her. The sound of the water sounded very peaceful, Jophiel shut her eyes as she focused in on the noise.

Caliban smiled when he seen her, she was so peaceful—softly swaying side-to-side.

"Jophiel, it's ready for you." His voice was low which caused her heart to flip in her chest.

"Thank you Caliban."

"Do not thank me," He blused, "I'll be out here. Take all the time you need."

Which she did, she stayed in the tub for hours—letting her muscles relax and her mind come to peace.

The water felt great, allowing her to finally come to terms with what's happened recently. Losing her wings, falling from Heaven.

Yes, it was painful to think about but she had to do it. By the time she got out and ready for her next endeavors, she was completely okay with what happened.

"Don't forget our meeting."

She nodded, straighening her outfit out along her body. When she stepped out of her room, Caliban stood up.

"You look gorgeous."

"I could say the same to you."

"Are you ready?"

She nodded, "As ready as I could be."

With that, she snapped her fingers. Caliban looked around the room he'd only been in once before. Jophiel took a deep sigh and then stepped in the hallway, "Mother?"

"Jophiel?"

"Mom-"

"What have you done?" She jolted up the stairs to her.

"Mother, I'm sorry. I needed to help my brother, Lucifer-"

"You cannot apologize for this. You've done wrong—You've done your Father wrong and I."

"I know sorry will not cut it."

Caliban hid himself in a corner of her room, shielding himself from Jophiel's mother.

"You're absolutely right," She yelled. "I'm not going to stay mad at you, you're my child. I just want you to understand you've done wrong."

"I-" She stuttered, "I know that. Who told you?"

"Michael came by after it happened." She sighed, "He told me everything."

"What did he say?"

"You disobeyed orders, snuck around with Lucifer. Tried stealing silver from Heaven." She spat, "You've fallen from Heaven."

"Did he tell you that I almost died when I fell? I laid in Greendale woods for hours, uncounsious. I begged for mercy, mother."

She was shocked, "You-You almost died?"

"Yes, the only angel who stepped forward to help was Lucifer. Everyone else left me there to die."

"No-" She turned, "He wouldn't do that."

"But he did."

"On the contrary, darling sister." A voice came from behind her.

"Gabriel?" Jophiel gasped, "What do you want?"

"You to apologize to Father, do anything he asks so you can be back in Heaven."

"I cannot do that-"

"And why not?"

"I-" She stopped, "Lucifer needs me, Hell needs me. I cannot leave him."

"You cannot leave Lucifer?" He spat.

"No, I cannot leave Caliban."

"Who is Caliban?" Anna asked.

"My-My friend. The only person who's-"

"and where is this Caliban?"

"Right here." He said, from the side, "Darling, don't leave Hell. Please."

"And I won't be."

"Jophiel, don't listen to this-do the right thing." Anna pleads.

"Mother, trust me on this. I'm doing the right thing."

She notices a tear running down Anna's cheek, with her thumb she wipes it away.

"I love you, momma."

-

make sure to vote and comment!