xvi. the void

"Heaven or Hell." Sabrina smiled.

Caliban makes his way towards the door and Sabrina sat down beside her. Jophiel knew something was up since Sabrina hadn't quit smiling at her. 

"What is it?" Jophiel tried moving but struggled. 

"Stop moving," She said, placing a hand on her thigh. "The Regalia."

"What about it?" 

"In honor of you for risking your life in Heaven, I want you to take the thrown instead of me." 

"Sabrina, you wanted this-" 

"Joph, you'd do better than me." 

"Sabrina, you're a natural leader." 

"And you're an archangel. Crafted by God himself," She smiled, "Please just take the position."

"But I don't want it out of pity." 

"It's not out of pity. It's out of strength. I know you're going to be more than capable of leading Hell."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Jophiel. You know I am sure." 

"Well it's an awful start to my reign. I am unable to move and have been told to stay in my bed."

"Has my father tried healing you since?"

"No-," She groaned. "He's being an ass today."

Sabrina chuckled, "You've noticed?" 

"Noticed? Yeah, obviously."

Sabrina stood up and began walking around the room, "I can probably do something." 

"Please try." Jophiel said with puppy dog eyes. 

Sabrina came back over and placed her hand on Jophiel's shoulder. When she shut her eyes and focused in on her intent, Jophiel felt an overwhelming surge of pain. She gritted her teeth, trying to ignore the pain until she couldn't anymore. 

A scream ripped through the room, everyone in Hell was bound to hear it. Sabrina let go of her shoulder and pulled back scared that she had done damage.

"Jophiel?" Sabrina yelled. 

She felt a warm liquid drip down her back as she looked up at her. Her wounds had opened back up, the pain was back and almost unbearable. 

Before Sabrina could do much more, Lucifer pushed the door open. He felt his heart stop when he saw the blood seeping through her shirt. 

"Angel?" He said, quickly moving to aide her. 

"Luce?" She mumbled, "I-'m- I'm fine." 

"What happened Sabrina?" 

"She-I wanted to help her. I-" 

"So you hurt her instead-"

"Luc-" She tried to speak, "Don- Yell." 

He listened, attempting to tend to her wounds. 

"Can you help her?" Sabrina asked, beginning to panic. 

"Get out."

"Wha-"

"Just get out." Lucifer yelled. 

Jophiel felt her vision become dark again, it was like everything was repeating from the days prior when she fell. 

"Lucifer, please." She said with her final breath as she fell unconsious.

"Angel, please. Just hear my voice." 

He held her limp body close to him. 

"Come to my voice. I know you can do it. Trust me, come towards me." 

All she could see around her was dark. It was a never ending void of darkness. When she walked, it seemed she hadn't actually moved at all. 

"Lucifer?" 

Nothing but an echo.

"Hello?" 

Echo.

She heard his voice coming from somewhere, she couldn't quite tell which direction though. 

"Angel, focus on my words. Come towards my voice." 

Her eyes shut as she heard him, trying to guide herself towards him. 

"I can't find you." She mumbled, "Lucifer, I cannot"

"Angel? There you are, you're doing it. Focus on me." 

As felt a pull towards her right, that's where his voice was coming from. As she stepped towards him, something pulled her out of it. 

"What happened?" 

His voice. 

His voice pulled her out of the void. 

She opened her eyes quickly, she was back in her room. Lucifer to her side. 

"Caliban?"

-

please make sure to vote and comment! new chapter coming very soon. ♡