i. greendale

authors note: before you begin, please note that any conversation in italics is a prayer between archangels and or God. ♡

She was an archangel of the Lord. She was sent here, to Earth, by her father. The father, if you will. She had been commanded to oversee Greendale, which was heavily infiltrated with her brother's followers. 

Jophiel has lived in Greendale for almost eighteen years now. During this time she's met so many of her friends, who she assumed were mortals. 

Rosalind - They'd been friends since they were babies. Essentially destined to be close to each other. They were raised going to the same church, going to the same youth camps. It was the ideal picture-perfect friendship. 

Theo - The two were close after meeting in first grade. They became each other's rocks, always keeping the other grounded and comfortable. There had been rough patches due to the self-realization in Theo's life, which made him worry that confessing their gender struggles would interfere in their friendship. Theo was wrong, Jophiel was there until the very end. 

Harvey - This friendship was confusing, at times they'd consider themselves siblings. They were next-door neighbors who grew into a family. They were always there for each other through thick and thin, no matter what.

Sabrina -  This friendship was very unexpected, the two were complete polar-opposites but it worked. The two became the balance that the friend group needed, both were strong-willed and determined. Always working together, becoming super close friends. 

But those weren't the only people in her life. Her mother,  Anna Singer was there too. One day, the archangel Gabriel brought forth a child. That child was Jophiel. Anna was thankful for this miracle, praying for a child of her own after years of infertility. 

God knew she was alone, he knew she was scared and craving some sort of affection. Anna took Jophiel in, knowing this was a gift from Him. 

While being an archangel in Greendale, she was not alone. She knew her brother was here somewhere. She waited for hints, or some sort of clue to point her in the direction. While her other brothers let her in on their information, she was somehow sigiled off from him. 

No one in Greendale knew what Jophiel was, they just assumed she was a mortal named after an angel. Sabrina would often say that she felt some sort of 'aura' or 'power' from her, but just assumed it was some weird Greendale thing. 

No witch in Greendale could pick up on it either. Hilda had no problem with Jophiel, but Zelda was wary in the beginning. Ambrose had no issue either, he was always incredibly nice to her. 

Jophiel did normal human things, she went to school. She hung out with her friends, had sleepovers. It was all the cookie-cutter lifestyle. 

"Jophiel, you need to hurry up. You're going to be late for school." 

"One second!" Jophiel yelled from the top of the stairs. She was struggling to get her outfit adjusted the right way and was searching the halls for her shoes. Before she could become even more stressed, her phone vibrated. 

From: Sabrina
Almost to your house. Meet me outside?

As she began texting back, she found her shoes and was sliding them on. 'Of course,' she pressed send and hurried down the steps. 

"Your toast is on the counter." Anne smiled, "Don't be late."

"I won't be." 

As she walked around the counter, she spotted Sabrina making her way up the drive. Perfect timing. She grabbed her toast off the counter and swooped up her backpack off the chair. 

"Bye, mom! Love you!"

Anne repeated the same thing as Jophiel shut the door. 

"It's about time," Sabrina giggled as Jophiel walked down the steps. 

"Oh, hush Sabrina." 

"It is not my fault you're slow." 

"It's always your fault, Brina." 

The two continued to mock each other as they walked to school. 

"I'm tempted to join cheer." 

"Really?" Jophiel giggled.

"Yeah, Roz wants me too so why not?" 

"It's not something that I picture you doing." 

"Is it not a witchy thing?" 

Sabrina had told you about her being a witch after she failed attempt at bringing Tommy back from limbo. It's been a whirlwind since, but everything settled itself out in the end. 

"I guess chanting things in a choreographed routine is a little occultish."

The trip to school wasn't too long, when they finally arrived - Roz, Theo, and Harvey all came up to them. 

"Hey guys," Harvey smiled. 

"Hello."

The gang stood and talked for a while but there was a slight ringing noise in the back of Jophiel's head. 

"Jophiel." A male voice said. 

"I just remembered that I need to run to the library. I'll see you all in a bit."

As she excused herself, she began talking quietly. 

"Gabriel. What is it?"

"Lucifer. The balance is off in Hell."

"How?"

"We aren't too sure."

Her heart drops, she knew it was something to do with the Church of Night. 'Sabrina would have told me,' is all she thought. 

"What do I need to do?" 

"Michael will be your protector. He has been watching over you since we found out. Father has made you protected from Lucifer -- he will not know where you are." 

"You promise?"

"Absolutely."

Before she could respond, she'd made her way towards her first class of the day. She saw that her friends were walking in as she sat down, but was too preoccupied in her own thoughts to worry about sparking a new conversation. 

-

please don't forget to vote and/or share.