Chapter Fifty: We're Going To Find That Fucker {Cole}

A week passes. Or maybe two. I really don't know. 

I bring the bottle to my lips again, letting the sweet burn of alcohol sate my ache for Ellie, letting it take my pain elsewhere. The room spins around me, but I focus in on her picture. An image framed on my nightstand, beside my bed that Ellie used to sleep in when she stayed over.

She's smiling, shy and sweet. Her blonde waves fall down her shoulders as I press a kiss to her cheek. My lips burn with the need to kiss Ellie, but I'll probably never get that chance again.

I haven't seen or heard from her in two weeks now.

I feel like I'm going to die.

Tears well behind my eyes, but I shove them down, taking another swig. Standing up from the bed is a difficult task, and as I lean against the nightstand, it falls over, taking me with it. I curse as I hit the floor, rolling to my back.

Staring up at my ceiling, I pretend I'm lying with Ellie, the room spinning around us both as she has her head on my chest.

Suddenly, I'm drenched in icy water, waking me instantly. I'm on my feet in seconds, bringing my eyes up to find Sebastian holding a water pitcher, giving me a bland look. Wiping a hand down my wet face, I curse.

"Oh good, you're awake," he cheers sarcastically. "Go take a shower and shave. I'm not watching you kill yourself like this, Cole."

I shake my head instantly.

"I'm fine."

"Like fuck, you are. Jesus, man, how much have you had to drink?"

I take the bottle from the nightstand, pressing it to my lips as I sigh. The burn is familiar, and Sebastian glares at me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Not shit, Sebastian. Why are you here? I told you to fuck off."

"I don't give a shit. I'm not gonna fuck off because you're my best friend and I'm damn sure not going to let you drink yourself to death." He takes the bottle. I protest, but he speaks over me. "I'm done watching you and Ellie turn into zombies."

"Don't," I croak. "Don't say her name."

My chest aches and pain flares throughout my entire body as I ache for my girl.

He sighs, sitting on my bed. I sit beside him, lying back. He does the same, running a hand down his face. "Is she any better?" I ask. He hesitates, but shakes his head.

"She uh... Scarlet hasn't been able to get her to eat more than a sandwich. You two are more alike than you care to admit." I look at him, frowning. "Drowning herself in the bottle, just like you."

"You have to stop her," I tell him. "She's going to hurt herself."

He huffs. "You're one to talk. What did you do to your nightstand, Cole?"

"Doesn't matter. Take the bottle from her, Sebastian."

"Fine. But that means I take it from you, too. She wouldn't be happy to know you're drowning your sorrows in alcohol, Cole." With a sigh, I nod. It's silent for a few minutes, before Sebastian sighs. "Look, there's something I gotta tell you."

My heart drops instantly as I face him.

"Keenan is getting worse, man. Ellie's phone went off and I checked it to see if I needed to wake her and... fuck, man. He's threatening her now, saying she belongs to him. I deleted a few before she could see them but I don't think she gives a shit anyways. She just ignores them and then deletes them."