Bonus: He Killed You {Cole}

The sound of my phone ringing snaps me out of my slumber instantly.

"Cole!" Scarlet's voice comes through panicked, and she doesn't try to hide the fact that Ellie is crying in the background. 

"What's wrong?" 

"It's Ellie. She's freaking out and I can't get her to calm down! I think she's having a panic attack and I don't know what to do! She just keeps saying your name over and over!" I'm awake and moving before I even realize, quickly slipping on a pair of sweatpants over my boxers, and grabbing a t-shirt from the closet.

Fuck. Fuck!

"Put her on." I go in the livingroom, grabbing my keys and heading outside into the elevators. It only takes a second for Ellie's sobs to come through the speakers. My heart sinks low in my stomach as I realize how close my girl is to hyperventilating. 

"Ellie, baby, can you hear me?"

She hiccups an answer that I can't decipher. 

"I'm on my way. Okay? I'm coming, baby. Take deep breaths for me." My heart slams against my chest as I hear her suck in a shaky breath, the sound stabbing through my chest like a knife. "Good. Do it again, Ellie." I hear the way her breath stutters out as she forces herself to breathe.

"He killed you, he killed- and I couldn't- and I just had to watch and I couldn't do anything and-"

"I'm right here, Ellie. I'm here and I'm okay. I swear. I'm coming, baby. Okay?" I hear her sniffle out something like an, 'okay.' "I need you to tell me where you are. What hotel? What city?" 

"We're in Springfield. It's about three hours away from home," Scarlet's voice butts in, telling me I'm on speakerphone. 

Holy shit, it's going to take forever to get to her. 

"I'm on my way."

Ellie stumbles over her words again, too panicked to even form a sentence I can understand. Desperation forces me to move quicker, running toward my car and peeling out of the parking lot within only minutes. She cries into the phone. I can hear the other two women trying to comfort her but it doesn't do much to help. 

"Ellie," I speak. "Listen to me." I try to force my voice to be steady, but the fear and worry in my head makes my voice waver. The sound of her sobs makes me want to die, my heart aches painfully. "Take another deep breath, baby." She doesn't listen. Hysterical, my girl continues to panic. "Ellie!" I hate to snap at her, hate to raise my voice in any way, shape, or form when it comes with my girl, but if she doesn't get her breathing under control, she's going to pass out.

She goes quiet at my voice.

"Take a deep breath." It's silent for another beat before she sucks in a deep breath. "Good, Ellie. Again." For the entirety of the ride, my girl breathes with me, trying her hardest to calm down.

It takes me only an hour and a half to get to her. 

"What hotel?" I ask Scarlet as I enter Springfield. 

"It's called the Hilton Garden Inn. To the right off of the freeway." 

"Room?"

"312," Scarlet breathes, sounding tired. 

Ellie calmed down some, but she's still pretty upset, it's clear by the way she breathes shakily into the phone each time I tell her to take another deep breath. 

Spotting the hotel, I quickly pull in, parking and heading toward the main entrance. The lady at the front desk calls out a greeting, clearly confused at my rush during such a late hour, but I ignore her and move toward the elevators.