Chapter Two

I opened my eyes to another bright light sense in front of me. But this time, it was different. I looked to my sides and noticed my family surrounding me, while I was in a bed, sharing a room with other people. It didn't take too long for me to realise that I was in a hospital. 

"Sienna! Can you hear me?" My mum asked worriedly as she ran up to me, cupping my face.

"Yes mum, what happened?" I asked, slightly confused as to the situation I was facing. 

At that point, a doctor made his way into the room and placed a clipboard down on the table next to me.

"You got into a car accident on the main road. The collision was damaging towards your car, but you seem alright. It's a miracle actually; to have survived that crash without being touched." He mentioned, grabbing a pen and writing some information down onto a paper.

"So what does this mean?" I asked, looking over to my dad for more answers.

"Can she go home?" He asked the doctor.

"Yes, she is safe to go home. But there is some medication I'd like for her to take in case there has been any memory loss that she is still unaware of." 

A few hours later, I had been released, but still a bit confused.

"From now on, we're taking you places, I don't want you getting hurt anymore, okay Sienna?" My dad ordered.

"Sure" I rolled my eyes, grabbing my things and sitting at the back of the car. The drive home was piled by lectures my parents have been constructing. I put my headphones in and listened to some music, trying to avoid all the drama. It got me thinking. How did I leave that site untouched? Was it a miracle? Or was it my ultra safe car with 50 million airbags? I exaggerate to myself sometimes. 

We arrived home and I went straight to bed, avoiding any contact with anyone, as I was in a small amount of pain, and very tired. 

The next morning was quite relieving. I got up and got ready to start my typical saturday morning - a trip to the local cafe for some coffee and a good book to read. I told my parents I was leaving and that if they needed anything, they could call me on my phone. 

It was a little painful to walk, but I managed. After ten minutes, I finally arrived at the cafe, finding a comfortable spot near the window with the softer seats. I placed my bag and book on the table, grabbing my card and making my way over to the counter. I made my order and went back to my seat, pulling out my book to read. 

"Excuse me" A deep male voice reached out to me.

"Hmm?" I asked, not taking my eyes away from the book. 

"You seemed to have dropped your card while you were waiting in line" The boy said as I looked up towards him. I could feel my heart race as I inspected his features. He smiled as he noticed me blushing. 

"Thank you" I said as he handed me over my card. 

"Mind if I take a seat?" He asked, gesturing to the free seat at my table. 

"Not at all" I shyly said as he sat down.

"I'm Luke. What's your name gorgeous?" 

"Sienna" 

He smiled as his eyes burned into mine. I never really got much guy attention, especially from someone this attractive and sweet. I didn't know how to act so I pulled my book towards me and played around with the pages.

"What are you reading?" He asked, grabbing the book from my hands. "Fifty shades of grey?" He chuckled.

"Yeah, it's a nice book!" I laughed, taking it away from his hands. 

"I'm sure it is" He winked, flashing me another godlike smile. 

"Sienna!" The coffee barista called out my name. 

I went to stand up but Luke sat me back down. 

"Don't worry, I'll grab it for you, you just sit down and relax" 

I smiled at how amazing this boy was treating me. For a second I thought I was being set up on a prank or something. 

A few hours later, I decided that it was time to go. 

"Well it was lovely getting to know you, Luke. But I have to go now my parents are probably worried. I'll talk to you soon, yeah?" 

"Of course beautiful. If you don't mind, could I please have your number?" 

I nodded and grabbed his phone as he handed it to me, quickly typing in my number and saying goodbye.

The whole walk home I could not stop smiling. I arrived home and fortunately, my day was not over. 

Hey Sienna, just wanted to say hi again and it was amazing meeting you today! When are you free next? Luke xx

I couldn't help but blush again at his message and make my way into the house. 

"What are you so happy about?" Mum asked as I walked right past her.

"Nothing, just read a really good book that's all!" I shouted as I sprinted towards my room.

Hey Luke :) I should be free tonight x

That's good, because so am I ;) did you want to hang out? maybe we could go to the movies or something, or maybe go for a walk? anything you like xx

Sure, I don't mind. But I need to make sure my parents don't find out. I'll talk to you later. xx

I placed my phone on my desk and sighed. Tonight was going to be a long night.