Chapter 10: Christian

Start from the beginning

Yo big man

You coming or not?

Yeah

Omw

Better hurry gringo 🏃🏼‍♂️💨

-

Christian rolled his eyes, jogging to grab his things before heading out the door. It was just about shut when he hesitated once more, thoughts still on Richard.

"Fuck." He muttered. He reached into his pants a final time, grabbing his phone.

"Hello?" Kyle could be heard on the other end, voice deep in grog.

"Hey."

"You..need something?" He asked when Christian gave no other explanation. He sighed, tossing into the car. His knuckles grew white at the clutch he had on the wheel. What was wrong with him?

"Shit day man."

"It just started." Kyle pointed out. Christian couldn't help his dry laugh.

"I know." He went quite, thinking. "Distract me."

"Uh, alright. Remember DaKarie? And Jaime?"

"Yeah."

"Remember..how I told you their dads caught them hooking up-

"Oh shit." Christian burst up, chuckling deeply at the thought of it.

The way he almost blew his back out laughing when Kyle first told him. Bruh, they were gossiping like little girls, huddled together and wheezing. Damn, it was hilarious.

"Bro caught his 6'4 giant ass basketball player son going down on dweeb dick. That is amazing."

Kyle chuckled a little, hoarse from sleep. He could tell the guy was having flashbacks too.

A quiet set in after a moment. The grin on Christians lips simmered down to a subtle smirk.

"Your lucky. I mean, it's cool you get shit from them. Memories, all that. For the bad days."

"..yeah well, it's all them. Im not the best at providing that type of stuff."

"Come on. You bagged both of em. You gotta be doing something right. But they're not who your talking about are they?"

Kyle was quite and so was he. They sat there for a moment, accepting the silence. It was like that a lot with them.

Sometimes there were words but a lot of the time it was just company. The presence of someone who knew exactly how fucked you were and who was fucked the exact same way.

"Yeah." Kyle muttered. He took a slow breath. "I cant..get myself to think about him. Or say his name. I just have a lot of regrets and..anyway. Nothing to be done now."

"..dude you were supposed to be cheering me up."

"Hah. Sorry. We should meet up later, got someone you'll wanna meet."

"Really?" Christian grimaced at the thought, already hating the idea of meeting someone new. "Why am I already regretting it?"

"He's a lot at first. Trust me though. You want memories, don't you? For the bad days and shit?"

"Yeah, fine. Figure it out later, got somewhere to be."

They wrapped up the call, having said their goodbyes and Christian began his drive downtown. Alec was a bitch for all those bougie shops, not that he could afford much in them.

"It's the vibe." Alec had explained. As cringe as that sentence alone was, he somehow made it make sense.

Getting out, living a life. Experiencing things, even small pleasures like that. Surrounded by busy people who were also experiencing things and living lives.