Chapter 9

*Timeskip two weeks*

I woke up early and got my uniform on before waking Grace.

Storm: Today is the day.

Grace smiled before getting up going to the bathroom to get her uniform on. We went downstairs to see my parents awake already with breakfast made.

Mom: Morning.

Grace: Good morning.

Lucas: Hey, I'm ready whenever.

Storm: I'm gonna eat and I'll be ready.

Grace: Same here.

We ate breakfast and were all ready to go. We got in my parent's car and drove to the place Faith's graduation was happening. We got in before everyone else due to me and Lucas being decorated soldiers. I stood on the side of the area it was happening and Grace and Lucas stood to either side of me.

Storm: No names for now. Professionalism at its max.

Grace: Roger.

Lucas: Roger.

Storm: We have about 15 minutes to wait.

We waited 15 minutes and the announcer started to speak about the graduation and the new privates all lined up as they were awarded their ranks. I started to tear up a bit and Lucas spoke into his radio.

Lucas: Alpha 1-1, getting emotional. Over

Storm: Can confirm. Over

Bravo 9-2: Get ready it's almost time for you.

Announcer: I also believe we have a special guest, Captain Y/N "Storm" L/N of the U.S. Army and FBI Swat.

The people started cheering as I stepped forward walking with my head and shoulders high with Grace and Lucas behind me. We walked over to the line and Faith hugged me while starting to cry.

Storm: I'm proud of you, Faith.

Faith: I love you, Y/N.

Storm: I love you too.

Faith released me and stood back in her line. The officer came over and I saluted him before he spoke.

Officer: Pleasure meeting you, Storm. Privates! You are dismissed!

The privates all stepped out of the line and to their families who were now coming to them. My parents came over and spoke to Faith.

Mom: We're proud of you, Faith.

Faith: I missed you all.

Storm: I missed you too, Private.

Faith hugged me and I spoke to her.

Storm: I'm your captain now. Even though I won't be at base with you, I'm there just in a radio.

Faith: I get shipped out in a month and a half.

Storm: That's when we get sent back to our base. I'm going to request that I be sent to Abu Ghraib occasionally.

Faith turned towards Grace.

Faith: Pleasure to meet you in person, operator.

Grace: Please just call me Grace.

Storm: You still got my dog tag?

Faith: Yep and I'm not giving it back either.

Storm: That's fine just don't lose it.

Faith: Oh I won't.