Contest #2: Twist Your Favourite Tale (Open)

"Have you ever wondered what would've happened if you twisted your favourite tale just that little bit? They say all it takes to mess up a happily ever after is by changing one small detail."

Your Prompt is to Twist Your Favourite Tale, whether it be a fairytale, a childhood book or even a movie.

Make it what you want but please include some kind of background of your tale if needed to understand the story!

Rules:

- Entries can be published as a separate story on your profile or in an existing book (BUT must be a new story, sorry!)

- Must be a oneshot (all in one chapter)

- Length of oneshot should be 500 (min) to 6000 (max) words long. Any longer can become hard to read so many entries, we apologise!

- Fanfiction and LGBT content is allowed

- Submit your oneshot by posting the form & link in the comments section below

- English stories only (but you are allowed to feature certain words or sayings in another language if you translate).

Duration of Contest: July 23rd to August 25th to submit and have them finished by the last date for judging to begin a few days after.

This will be just a short and fun contest to run while the other ones are still in sign up time.

This story you submit MUST be a new story and one you have written specially for this contest.

That is the point of a prompt.

Here's an easy one to get you all started back into the gear of things!

Enjoy!

Please fill out the participant form and submit it in the comment section below.

Participant's Form:

1. Username:
2. Title of Story:
3. Title of the Original:
4. Genre:
5. Short Summary:
6: Number of Chapters:
7: Mature? (This includes smut & triggering items):
8: Rules followed:
9. Optional - Tag 5-10:

Prizes:

- a follow from both TheHappyWriters and the host of the contest (footnoteofhappiness )

- shoutout on both profiles

- your entry added to a special reading list on TheHappyWriters profile

Good luck to everyone who decides to participate!