Stimulant and Relaxers

*knockknock*

I yawned, yet again. I slept for almost two whole days. Though it seems the worst habit of all is somehow finding Izaya every time I go out. I find ways to avoid him after I see him but he is there so often or makes me think he might get the wrong idea. I'm no stalker.

Shizuo helped me find another collections job, this time for a lender of some kind. He actually works for the guy so I might get chances to work with him. Might be fun to work with one of the most dangerous men in Ikebukuro.

I yawned as I pushed the door opened for whomever was knocking. I looked up to the tall blonde and waved as he waited.

I grabbed the jacket and pulled it on but stopped as I saw his face distort into a large scowl. I laughed inwardly as I shrugged it off my shoulders. His face lightened as I stepped out the door with a blue sweater.

For some reason I had more energy than before. Every move I made felt light and easy. The walk went quickly as his long legs led the way. I trot beside him as we move towards our next...client?

I pushed my hair out of my face when a breeze flung it into my eyes. Shizuo looked down to my arm that was shoved back into the pocket.

"Can I ask a question?"

"What's up Shizuo-san?" I looked to him seeing his bored face look back to the road.

"Were those from someone else? Or yourself?"

I took a moment to carefully consider before answering "Yes."

He almost looked pissed off but forced himself to think about it for himself. Luckily, he did so for the rest of the way.

The short man saw us come and ran into his house before coming back out with a handful of cash. I felt like a sweat dropped from my temple. These guys are so scared of Shizuo.

It happened like this several times until we got to a small office building. The man was called out by the lady at the desk but he never came out, I saw someone squirming his way out of the window on the second floor.

"Got a runner" I say behind me as I run into the alleyway. The blonde stood there watching me. The guy fell down and started to run for it.

"Cmon man, running is stupid!" The man stopped before the corner. He quickly started pulling something from in his pocket as I heard Shizuo running this way.

I saw the barrel and as it pointed to Shizuo I felt the world slow down. There is no way in hell I'm gonna let him die, I already owe him my life.

I feel him coming up to my left but push him to the gound out of the way just before a loud bang rings in my right ear.

I hear steps running away as Shizuo stands shouting profanity and begins to run after him. I grab the tail of his coat and he turns an angry gaze down at me.

I grip my side before smiling a half smile "Mind calling Celty-san to come pick me up before you run off?" He looks confused as me for a second as I feel the blood come from my side "Damnit...I hate my luck."

He shakes his head like a dog, probably trying to get what's going on. He pulls his phone out dialing. I drop to the cement holding my side. It's not as painful as poison I find. Enough so to make me wince as I sit motionless on the sidewalk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Could you please stay away from my house? I don't like regulars." The doc jokes as he bandages my side.

"Yeah yeah." I stretch as he pulls my shirt down. "Don't rip it open, I just closed it. So what happened?"

"Some idiot thought he'd off Shizuo-san. I heard Shizuo caught him pretty quick though."

"The guy had enough to pay in his damn pockets."

"Shizuo-san, did you finish the rounds?"

"Yeah. Here's your pay." He tosses a small envelope at me but I hot potato and send it flying at Shinra.

"Take what I owe you." He opened it taking two bills and passing it back.

"So what's next, stab wound? Burns?"

"Heh, guess I will let you know."

"You have a phone yet, Yuuto-san?"

I shake my head side to side with a huff. He shoves his hands into his lab coat as he also sighs.

"Got enough there to get a flip phone, you should think about it."

"Maybe...I never was good with that kind of thing."

He laughs at me before he hands me a small bag "Take these every couple hours till its healed."

"You got it doc."

He smiled at me, the corner of his mouth pulling up hard.

"What?" I finally ask.

"Just glad you're doing okay."

I stare blankly "...uuuuuh. I'm shot?"

"Not that." He smiled even wider than before making me heave a huge sigh.

"See you, doc." I passed Shizuo making him turn to follow me out.

"I hate painkillers" he grunts "slows you down."

"Shizuo-san?" He suprises me again "You're right."