New Friends Old Enemies

I waved to Shizuo and ran up to him.

"Sorry I'm late!" I get out as I come face to face with someone standing next to Shizuo.

I try to remember where I've seen him...oh right! I pound my fist into my other hand.

"Right! The pictures."

Shizuo turned beet red and his brother just watched us silently.

"Hello I'm Yuuto Maki. I'm a friend of your brothers."

I hold out my hand and on reflex he seems to take it and shake.

"But really I should have known you were brothers, you both are extreme at what you do and you both seem to be half of yin and yang, probably from growing up together.

Kasuka nods once while Shizuo turns darker red.

"Alright time to eat, and no Sushi this time!"

"I thought we were doing this for Kasuka, what if he wants sushi?"

Shizuo stands up straight as a board before looking down at his brother who seemed to be holding back tears. I laughed so hard I thought my insides would fall out.

Finally finished eating just before the lunch crowd starts pushing through the streets we make our way to several hobby stores.

From store to store Shizuo ended up holding all the bags of things Kasuka was buying.

Kasuka was so easy to get along with, not needing to say anything yet still being comfortable with each other.

We watched Shizuo try to fit through the door and both sneak a smile at one another as he starts complaining about the door being too small.

Finally in front of my complex we head up to my room.

"Sorry it's so bare, I haven't had time to buy anything yet."

We walk in to see my blank apartment. Kasuka walked in and happily took a seat in the open living area.

Shizuo dropped the bags by the door and went to sit beside Kasuka.

"Anyone want a drink?" I asked from the kitchen "I have milk and tea."

I held them up on either side of me and Kasuka looked at the milk.

"Milk it is." Shizuo looked back and forth between me and Kasuka.

"You two already seem like friends..."

"I had a friend just like him a long time ago."

- - - - - - - - - -

"Is he there?" A voice from the phone asks.

"Yes, sir. They just arrived."

"Let me know immediately when the blonde leaves."

"Yes, sir."

On the roof, above an open window with two men using binoculars, sitting on the edge Izaya's legs swung back and fourth as he listened.

- - - - - - - - - -

After a few hours Shizuo stands up to head out only momentarily looking to Kasuka.

"I got things under control Shizuo, you can count on me."

Kasuka walks to my side me as I see Shizuo off.

"Very protective."

Kasuka looks at me confused "Both of you are very protective of one another. Is that because you are brothers?"

Neither of us say anything else before we turn and walk back into the living room.

Kasuka pulls out a game system and I start to clean up.

- - - - - - - - - -

*RING*

My phone suddenly starts ringing loudly from where I left it by Kasuka.

I wipe the dish soap from my hands and run to grab it. Flipping it open I read 'unknown number'.

"Hello?"

"Open de back window and get in de closet."

"Huh? Who is this?"

"If you want de two a' you ta get out a dis alive, do as I say in da next 30 seconds."

*CLICK*

I look down at my phone before rushing to the front door and locking it. I run past Kasuka grabbing his arm and he stands up and follows me unsure what's going on.

I fling open the balcony window before grabbing Kasuka and throwing us into the closet and shutting the door. I prop up the futon so it would be between us and view.

Not a moment later the door starts banging loudly.

"We know you are in there, come out here right now!"

After only to the count of 3 the sound of a door being rammed could be heard. The loud crack let us know they had entered.

"The window! Was anyone watching the back?!"

The sound of their footsteps ran out the door and Kasuka began to shift like he was going to stand. I held him in place and he silently relaxed back down.

After another 30 seconds the sound of one set of shoes walked towards the bathroom. After a minute they returned only to stop in front of the closet.

We would be safe as long as he only opened the door to look in. If he moved anything though...

The door slid open with a swoosh. Kasuka and I held our breath for what seemed like hours when the swoosh of the door was heard again, this time announcing with a small thud it's closing.

The footsteps led outside and after a few more minutes we both let out a small breath.

I moved the futon in front of Kasuka and peeked through a crack in the door. I decided to check if it was clear so I poked my head out to see an empty appartment.

I nod to Kasuka just as my phone rings again. After reading the 'Unknow Number' on the screen I place it on my ear.

"Who are you?"

"I used da hunt you."

I could finally concentrate on his voice as bleached blonde hair came to mind.

"But naow I'm being paid'a get you out a dis. So like id er nah, you ar' goin 'a do exactly whad I say for de nex' 72 hours. Buckle up."