Chapter 17

A/N I'm afraid this is it, my lovely readers. The last chapter of 'Darkness'. For those of you interested, there WILL be a sequel, not sure of the title, but it will be announced when it comes out. I love you guys and thank you for putting up with me for 17 chapters of my insanity, and I hope you will like the sequel as well.
              Thank you @Bluelea0 for the plot!

           < 3Lizzy

Shizuo's POV

It's Izaya's birthday today, so we decided to do something special, he's going to have a party!

He still has his reputation and everything, so he isn't very well-liked and hasn't had a party in years.

We drove to the place the party will be in,  a small resturaunt/pub with a party room you can rent out.

It was decorated with red and black streamers and decorations. Most picked out by Izaya himself. There was a small pile of gifts in the corner. (Mostly from people who couldn't make it. )

None of them were from me. For my gift resided in my pants pocket, a ring, it was a smooth gold ring with a single red gem in the center.

Tonight is the night I plan to purpose to Izaya.

I smiled as my boyfriend,  hopefully fiancé as of tonight, walked in, holding a stack of red plastic cups and plates. The place. is serving the food.

Tonight is going to be perfect. At least, that's what I hoped.

The party started in 5 minutes, and so far, the only ones who showed up were us. I smiled, kissing Izaya on the cheek, "Happy birthday," I smiled.

He smiled back a little, the brightness returning to his face a little, making me smile. He's turning more and more like himself (no matter how irritating his normal self can be at times, I still love him)

Finally, the guests started to arrive. The only ones invited were Shinra, Celty, and the rest (A/N Laziness. ..) Erika squealed when we invited her. Until Walker slapped his hand over her mouth, so I expect they'll be here.

I joined Celty and Shinra, who were talking to Izaya by the refreshments.

Izaya opened his gifts about 2 hours into the party.

He mostly got clothes. But Erika and Walker got him a new phone (I suggested he use his old one for business and new one for peronal calls). And Shinra got him a new chess board with fancy looking pieces that seem to always shine. (I amy or may not have accidentally broke his old one. .)

The party was fun, it lasted until midnight,  then the place kicked us out.

Izaya was drunk by then though, I offered to carry him, but he pushed my arms away and mumbled something about having legs and using em.

He ran off ahead of me, stumbling, but still running.

I tried to tell him my car was right there. I tried to grab him out of the road. I tried to get in front of the car. But he's so damn fast, even drunk.

All I heard was a slight yell as he was hit, as the car hit him and the car stop for the driver to apologize a million times. Shinra luckily saved him.

I sat in Shinra's living room, waiting for the news on Izaya.

"He's alive, but I believe he's in a coma. Due to previous experiences, he will most likely have amnesia when and if he up..."

I looked down at the ring in my hand... it was supposed to be perfect...

I put it back in the box, closing the lid... happy birthday,  my love... I thought. Tears slid down my face.

A/N This is not the end! I will start working on the sequel ASAP! I love you guys and stay tuned, I will anounce the name of the sequel once the first chapter is published!! I'll miss yall until then!
             <3Lizzy