***

"Bella get the door will you?" My mom orders as she rushes from the kitchen to the backyard carrying a multitude of burger buns and sauces in her hand.

I quickly finish tying up my hair and rush to the front door to open it.

"Isabella!" Mrs Miller greets as the door flies open revealing Lucas' dad and mom smiling from ear to ear. "Welcome back!" She says before thrusting the flowers she is holding into my hand and pulling me into a bone crushing hug.

"Hii," I reply back, my voice muffled as she squeezes me tightly, my cheek squashed against her chest.

"Honey, I think you're suffocating her," Mr Miller chuckles from beside us prying his wife off of me.

He sends me an apologetic smile as I giggle and straighten out the tulips that got squished in the midst of our embrace.

I beckon them to follow me to the backyard.

"So how have you guys been?" I ask as I pour them both a drink. "How's the business?"

"Ah it's great!" Mr Miller replies as my mom rushes past us at that moment, holding Sofia in one arm and a spatula in the other, Mrs Miller tries to catch her attention but my mother whizzes past us in frenzied mess and doesn't take notice.

The Millers own a huge wedding planning business that specialise in international weddings so the two are barely in the US, always constantly travelling thus leaving Lucas at home by himself for majority of the time.

"Business has been booming over the last year or so because we're able to take on more weddings as we don't need a nanny to look after Lucas anymore," Mrs Miller adds.

"That's good," I nod politely. "Where are you guys off to next?"

"Indonesia." She stares off into the distance with a wistful smile. "We're leaving in two weeks and I can't wait!"

"Ooo Indonesia," I sigh dreamily. "I've heard it's beautiful there!"

"It really is, we've had two weddings there before." Mrs Miller's nods and her smile broadens as she pats my arm. "Anyways enough about us! How was London!"

I delve into a couple stories of my experience in London as the Millers listen intently. They share some of their stories about their travels to England too.

The two are in the middle of telling me a story of they salvaged an outdoor wedding that got ruined because of rain when Mr Miller's gaze catches something over my shoulder and he pauses the story to acknowledge it.

"There you are," he says with a frown. "You took your time."

I look back to see Lucas strolling towards us, looking a little flustered. "Getting your car from the shop took longer than expected." He presses his lips into a thin line and throws his father the keys. "I parked it outside."

Mr Miller simply nods and excuses himself from the conversation and walks away, probably going to check on his car.

I take a sip of my drink and look around the rest of the garden, trying to avoid Lucas' eye as I still burn with the embarrassment from being caught staring at him this morning.

My gaze lands on my mom who is stood infront of the barbecue grill, her hands flailing in the air in frustration as she yells angrily. I notice that Mrs Miller is also staring at the scene my mom is causing. "I'm gonna go help your mother," she tells me, with a pat on my arm, leaving me alone with her son.