10.

"We'll always be yours, Thomas." As soon as I said that, there was a knock at the door. Everyone huddled into the living room as I checked to see who it was. When I opened the door, it was a mean looking officer.

"Mrs. Hewitt?" He asked in with a country accent.

"Which one?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.

"Luda May. I'm lookin for Luda May Hewitt, god damnit." I nodded and closed the door. I went to the living room and i looked at her.

"Its for you." She went to the door and I sighed. I sat on Thomas' thigh and looked a Charlie. He was looking at the floor. I couldn't hear what Luda May was saying but I heard the officer guy scream.

"SHE'S MISSING! SHE'S THE ONE WHO OPENED THE FUCKING DOOR! THAT'S ARIELLA MORGAN!" He yelled and I looked down. "SHE'S ON THE RUN FOR KILLING HER PARENTS!" When he said that, it felt like the world had stopped. I could feel Charlie staring at me. The officer burst into the living room and looked at me. "Get your ass up, scumbag." I glared at him through my eyelashes and growled.

"Make me." I told him. 

"You bitch!" He was about to come at me but Charlie stood in front of him.

"I ain't going with you!" I yelled. "They tried to hurt me! My daddy was always drunk! He tried to rape me so I grabbed the gun! When I fired it, it went through him and hit momma! So get the fuck out!" I screamed. The officer rolled his eyes before turning to Luda May and pointing at her.

"I'll get you one day, Hewitt." He growled before leaving. My hands began shaking and my vision blurred. I always tried not to think of me killing my parents because I would always break down. It was fine with other people but I shot my mother. The only lady, other than Luda May, who cared about me. Charlie kneeled in front of me and put his hands on my cheeks.

"Hey, hey hey. Look at me dipshit." He said softly. "Its ok. You're fine. We ain't gonna let anyone take you. We watch out for our family but we need you to calm down." I nodded and Thomas carried me and Bo outside. He sat down in the fields and started rocking back and forth. He put my head on his chest and started humming. Bo wiggled his way to Thomas other shoulder and closed his eyes. With Thomas swaying and his humming, it sent both me and Bo into a deep, peaceful sleep.

I know its a shorter chapter than I usually do but I'll try to do better with updating and stuff!