3.

10 years later...

I drove down the highway, my long black hair blowing out the window. Rock music blaring from the sterio in my red pick up truck. I was singing along until my truck puttered to a stop. I cursed under my breath. I got out and stood in the truck bed. I looked around and saw a little gas station. I hopped out of the truck bed and started walking to it. When I opened the door, a cowbell rang. I giggled at it and went to the counter. I rang the bell and a lady, who looked oddly familiar, came out.

"'cuse me ma'am. My truck broke down and I need ta get it some gas." I told her. She looked at me and her eyes widened. "Um, ma'am, do I know you?" I asked, leaning against the counter.

"I don't think ya do. So, where ya headin' sweetheart ?" She asked.

"Ima headin' to an old friend." I said. "We met one day and got really hit it off. I then had to move to Kansas but I promised him and his mama that I'd be back." I told her.

"Well, ain't that sweet. What were their names?"

"The boy was named Thomas. Thomas Hewitt. His mama was named Luda May and his uncle's name was Charlie but I didn't like him much. Then there was Uncle Morty. He was nice." I told her, starting to play with the rope bracelet that was given to me so long ago.

"Oh, I think I've heard of them. And what's your name?" She leaned on the counter.

"Where are my manners? I'm Ariella Morgan, ma'am." I held my hand out for her to shake. She took my hand and smiled.

"I'm Luda May." She said with a motherly smile. I gasped and backed up a step. My eyes started tearing up as I ran behind the counter and hugged her.

"I missed you." I told her with a sniff. "And your cookin'." She laughed before pulling away and kissing my forehead. 

"Look how you've grown. Oh my, what happened to your beautiful blonde hair?" She moved my hair behind my ear.

"I was gonna try an' wash it out before I got here." I said with a smile. "How's everyone?"

"Everyone's just fine. Thomas misses you somethin' fierce."

"I miss him too. He was just the sweetest thin-" I was cut off by someone yelling.

"MAMA! THERE'S A TRUCK ON THE HIGHWAY!" Charlie came in and looked at me up and down. "Why hello, sugar."

"Have you not learned any new nicknames since I was 12?" I asked with a smirk. He looked confused before his eyes widened.

"You're Thomas' girl!" He yelled and gave me a hug. His hands started to go to my ass and I pulled away and slapped him. He chuckled before looking out the window. "Recon that's your truck?"

"Yup, just need some gas." He nodded. We walked to my truck and I put it in neutral. We pushed it back to the gas station and filled it up. I tried to pay Luda May but she wouldn't take it. "Come on. I need to pay ya."

"No, I don't charge family." She said with a smile. I turned to Charlie and handed him the money.

"Here, you take it. You helped push my truck here." He was about to take it but Luda May hit him in the head.

"Dammit women! I'm sorry sugar but I can't." He said, staring at Luda May. I sighed.

"How 'bout we go home for lunch?" She asked. Charlie and I nodded. I got in my truck and Charlie and Luda May got in his police cruisers. We drove down the road that I loved as a child. We drove up to the all too familiar house and I smiled. I ran out of the truck and stood in front of the old white, paint peeling house. I looked back at Luda May and she nodded. I ran in the house and into the living room. Uncle Morty was sitting in his wheelchair watching TV. I went upstairs and knocked on Thomas' door. I heard a grunt and went in.

"Thomas!" I yelled with a smile. He turned around and looked at me confused. I held up my hand showing him the rope bracelet. His eyes widened and he slowly walked to me. He put his hands on my cheeks and I smiled. His eyes teared up and he picked me up in a hug. "I told ya I'd be back! I missed ya!" I said into his shoulder. He twirled me around and then put me on the ground. He took a section of my hair and held it infront of my face. "I had to dye my hair for a school play. It'll go back to blonde." He let out a sigh and smiled.

"THOMAS! ARIELLA! LUNCH!" Luda May yelled. Thomas picked me up bridal style and carried me downstairs. I knew he'd be taller than me but he's 7 feet tall! He carefully put me in my chair and sat down beside me. "Will you help me set the table, flower?" She asked. I got from my seat and Thomas whimpered.

"I'll be right back." I said softly. He grunted and I went to the kitchen. Luda May had the silverware and bowls on the counter. I took them to the table and began putting them in front of everyone. When I got to Charlie, he put his hand on the small of my back.

"Damn..." He whispered as his hand started to go down to my ass. I turned around and backhanded him so hard he fell out of his chair. Thomas let out a giggle and clapped his big hands as I glared at Charlie and sat down by Thomas. Charlie got back up in his seat and smirked at me. "That wasn't very 'lady like'." My eyes went wide as I stood up.

"I'll show you 'lady like'!" I yelled. "Come here and let me beat your ass!"

"Come on, girly. Don't get your panties in a twist." Charlie laughed. Right before I jumped over the table, Thomas grabbed my arm. I looked at him and he pouted and whimpered. I nodded and calmed down.

"Oh, so the retard gets the girl and I dont?" Charlie asked with a fake pout. I snapped and jumped over the table. I punched him in the jaw and he fell.

"Ariella! That's enough!" Luda May yelled. "Now what happened?" I let out a breath and walked back to my seat. 

"He called Thomas a retard so I defended him. Plus he tried to touch my ass." I glared at Charlie. Thomas put his hand on my knee and growled at Charlie.

"Charlie, leave Ariella alone! She's Thomas'!" She yelled at him. "Now, lets say grace."

After we ate and cleaned up, Luda May gave me a night gown to sleep in. She showed me to one of the many guest rooms and went to bed. After I knew everyone was asleep, I crept down the hall to Thomas' room and knocked on the door. I heard a small grunt and I went in. I saw Thomas laying on his bed and I crept to him.

"Thomas, I'm cold." I whispered. He turned in bed and lifted the covers. I got under the covers and cuddled into him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and put his face in my hair. "Goodnight, Thomas."