18

It wasn't like I expected—being with Victoria, I mean. She was cold and disgusting, yes, but she wasn't entirely focused on me. To my suprise, she explained how I wouldn't have to be here if the silly Cullen's just let her mate—James—have his way with their little 'pet'. In the end, I agreed, because I new for a fact that a large part of my hatred went towards Bella; the girl whom spent her time trying to apologise when it didn't matter. She was hopeless, to be honest. Jacob didn't bother talking about her much, I don't know much about her.

Yesterday Victoria told me that she had no plan on making a future with Riley. That he was her toy into arranging the war between the Cullen's. "I'm letting him make the choices—I'm staying out of the action, to protect myself."

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked.

She looked at me; my words sounded rude, but my voice held the tone of 'I could just have them kill you by telling me this?'

"They can see you—the Cullen's, I mean. There's one that can see the future; I know for a fact that because of a certain werewolf, your what she's mainly seeing." She paused, "She'll only see the army if Riley makes a drastic change or plans to charge; that's the way she's set."

I moved back against the wall, knocking aside the coat Victoria had brought me. In order to keep me safe, she's kept me in an underground boiler room that was constantly used but I had to be far back enough so no one could see me. I wore the jacket over my legs mainly—my track pants had been mud stained and ruined for weeks. My shoe's, however, were soaked and being dried by the heater while I shivered against the light trail of wind blown in from the above vent.

"When will this start, anyways?"

"Sometime tomorrow. Riley's being difficult—he wants it done in the broad daylight." She said, pacing in front of me.

I hesitaited to ask, "D-Do I get to .. go h-home after?" I could only imagine the look on Mum's face when Jacob or some other told her that her only daughter was kidnapped.

The redhead looked at me and shrugged, "I haven't figured out what to do yet. I enjoy your company—but I mainly took you because your .. boyfriend's pack ripped my only other friend apart. And eye for an eye.. like with Bella.."

"I don't see why you wouldn't just go for Edwin..."

"Edwin?"

"Or.. whatever his face is." I sighed heavily, "I've been here so long, it's hard to tell whether their really trying to look for me or not."

This time her crouched in front of me, "I know they are—and by they, I mean your boyfriend and his friends." She chuckled darkly for a moment, "Their really trying, their constantly over and growling. It's causing stress over the Cullen's."

I scoffed, "Only Jacob.." I muttered, pulling the coat tightly around my body. As crazy as it seems, I have the urge to run and sit in the middle of all the boilers and just go to flames. At the moment, it seems like a better way to go then a vampire's bite.

Such an interesting conversation; Edward nearly never shared his thoughts with anyone other then Bella, and even then Jacob knew they weren't in full detail.

His arm's wrapped around her tiny waist, Jacob picture the shivering girl in his arm's to be Aliyah—dark hair throw over the single pillow like seaweed, and her long lashed brushed against her cheekbones as she dreamed.

But Jacob himself could not dream—he wasn't holding his only, only the one he thought he wanted.

A few short hour's, Jacob was sure that he'd see Aliyah bruised and cut and burned. Messy, tired and only barely alive. The urge to find her now was the only sanity he had left—

"Relax, Jacob." His eye's shot open and glared at the pale face across from him.

"Do you know how hard this is?"

"I do—I went through his myself."

"No, you left her. Mine was kidnapped from me—by a vampire that wants your girlfriend!"

A tiny moan sounded from the tired girl in his arms.

"Loosen up, Black." Edward growled.

He fell back onto the pillow with an angry sigh; his own thoughts couldn't even contain themselves long enough for him to think properly.

Pulling the shaking girl closer, he allowed himself to freely think about what happens next—eventually he did fall asleep.