O3

Another day at school, another day Jacob was missing, another day I could not see Jacob. Billy was being stubborn; and Quil, well, Quil himself was getting a little impatient.

Quil also asked me out—on a date.

"C'mon. Hurry up!" I dropped my dress, and glared at the door.

"Shut up, Taylor!"

"Quil's downstairs, just thought you should know." I rolled my eyes. Quil's always here, so why is it any different if he's here to pick me up for a date?

"Yeah, yeah." I said, slipping the loose dress on. I looked in the bathroom mirror, and smile. My mom did my hair, so now it was simply straight. I had no make-up—I ran away when mom suggested it.

"ALIYAH!"

"SHUT UP, TAYLOR!" I flung the door open, and glared at him from under my fringe.

"Wow," He said, looking over the dress, "It's, uh—"

"I like it." I growled.

"I was going to go with revealing." I scoffed at his remark.

"This dress is far from revealing." I spat at him. I turned down the hallway, and went to the front door, smiling inwardly when I saw Quil leaning against the wall. He was dressed in simple dark jeans, a white shirt, and a white sweater over top; the sleeves were pulled up to his elbows.

"Wow," He said, reaching for my hand. "You look beautiful," He whispered, lowering his face to my ear.

"Thank you."

Taylor stood in the living room archway, arms folded over his chest, "I still say that the dress is revealing." He muttered.

"I like it," Both Quil and I said. I smiled up at him.

"Alright, well, go on. Have fun—"

"Wait!" My eyes widened as mom rushed in with a camera. "I want a picture," She insisted.

"Mom," I turned away, my cheeks flushed.

"Oh, please, Aliyah?" Her face looked so upset, I know she only wanted the best.

I looked up at Quil. His face was red too, but he nodded, breathing out a laugh. She held the camera up, and a quick flash was all that was needed, and she put it down.

"Alright, now go have fun." Taylor said, smiling at our faces.

I turned out of the house, and walked with Quil down to his car.

-

The lineup wasn't long, but it was moving slow. Quil had brought me out to dinner, and then planned to see the new movie, "Valentines Day".

"Dinner was good," I commented, twirling a strand of hair around my finger.

He placed his arm around my waist, "I know what you like; it's a benefit of being your friend."

The line moved up. Quil kept me close, looking over all the other couples there. He looked down and smiled happily.

"What?"

"I have the prettiest date," He stated. I scoffed.

"How do you know?"

His expression fell a little, "All the other guys are looking at you," I rolled my eyes, but when I looked around, there were several guys smiling in my direction. One even winked.

"Oh, god." I muttered, shoving my face into his neck. His chest vibrated as his other arm wrapped around me.

"Now, now." He laughed. The lady asked what we wanted to see, he paid for the tickets, and towed me inside.