O6

The rain outside wouldn't let up; trapping Embry, Jacob, Taylor and I inside for the day. I figured, might as well use the time wisely—I started on my laundry.

After stuffing my wet clothes in the dryer, I took the pasta sauce out from the cupboard, and laid out the noodles on the pan. I spread the sauce about, adding cheese and herbs, then the last layer of noodles and waited for the oven to preheat.

Embry and Jacob watched from the seats in the kitchen. Taylor had insisted that he had homework to finish, so he'd left me alone.

I watched the rain splatter against the large picture window. My backyard went uphill, then stopped at the fence. Behind the fence, was La Push forest; something I was obviously forbidden to enter.

The wooden floors squeaked under my weight as I walked over to the open seat between both Jacob and Embry.

"You're boring," Embry said glumly. I chuckled, and patted his arm in assurance.

"I'm not boring. It's called housework—I'm getting it done, so I don't have to do it on a rare sunny day." I explained, playing around with the salt shaker on the table.

Embry grumbled and folded his arms over his chest, then leaned back in his chair. I looked over at Jacob; he was idly looking out the large window. His eyes squinted, making his thick eyebrows pull together.

"Jake, something wrong?" I asked, leaning forward to get his attention.

He looked back at me, and shook his head, "Sorry, I was just thinking."

I looked at Embry, who just shrugged and continued staring at the tabletop. I growled at their bored expressions, and went out into the small living room. I popped my C.D in, and turned it to track 13; the sweet sound of foreign music filled the empty room.

The Champs-Elysees is a busy street.

We getting down with everyone we meet.

If you understand, then listen to me:

Si'l vous plait ma cherie allez tombez la chemise!

Jacob and Embry bounced in, with confused expressions on their face. With the next part, I sang along, watching as their faces shifted into amusment.

Do it now, because you can and I think you should.

Do it now, because you can and I told you to.

Do it now, because you can, I'll take mine off too.

Do it now, because you can, 'coz you caaannnn..

Embry laughed, watching as I grabbed Jake's hand, and twirled, shaking my hips. All the while, a large grin was smacked onto my face.

Got people moving up and down like an elevator.

I'm keepin' it cool like a kelvinator,

Got binoculars for my sexy neighbours -

They always in the yard doing cha cha cha..

"Woot!" Embry howled with laughter, watching as I bowed, plopping down on the couch. The next song drifted in, 'Wasting my Time' by Default.

Well this is not for real

Afraid to feel

I just hit the floor

Don't ask for more

I'm wasting my time

Jacob scowled at the lyrics, and shifted closer, making room for Embry. We all sat on the couch, talking quietly—well, Embry and I were.

Well this is not for real

Afraid to feel

I just hit the floor

Don't ask for more

I'm wasting my time

I'm wasting my time

Jacob was silent, those lyrics penetrated throughout the room. I wanted to shut the song off, and break the disc. Did Jacob think he was wasting his time, by caring?

Don't be stupid, my thoughts were getting out of hand. I was thankful when the song changed though.

"Screeeeeeaaam my name.." Embry belowed loudly.

In club doing my thang

At the bar just sippin a drink

You walked by in those tight ass jeans

Gave me and my homies a wink.

When i see that booty poppin out

It do something strange to me.

Like a full boned werewolf

Embry and Jacob both stiffend at the phrase; werewolf.

now I can tell by your attitude

That you know that you're fine as hell.

The way you walk the way you talk.

It's like you got some goods yourself

I respect your hustle girl but dont try

To hustle me.

Cus imma straight pimp with a gangsta limp.

And it runs in my family.

"Run in his family.." I whispered, then looked up at Jacob. He was staring at me with dark eyes; these were not something that I was accustomed too. These, once again, were Sam's eyes.

"I'm only trying to understand," I said lazily, watching as his face suddenly went into pure outrage.

"Maybe you should stop!" He growled, I flinched back. "Did you ever think that maybe it'd be better if you didn't try! I swear on my life, I won't help you if you get yourself hurt."

Hurt by his words, I cowered back into my seat, "Sorry," I muttered, looking away.

Jacob stood, and fear welled within me. He reached out, stopped himself and growled at me warningly. "Just.. stop. And stay away from me!"

He stormed out of the house, Embry following, and the door was slammed shut.

Now no one was here to comfort me; my friend had walked away with the guy I thought actually cared.

Thought wrong. He's just another Sam.

I left the tears fall freely, hugging my knee's to my chest, then looked up at the C.D player. Instead of shutting it off, I took it, yanked the cord out, and threw it at the wall.

Anger

So I did mean nothing? All those thoughts, I'm so stupid. He didn't care, it was obvious. And my first experience in something so important to me, meant fuck all to him.

Taylor ran down the stairs, and looked around. By now, the living room was trashed, the C.D's everywhere, my broken player on the floor, papers spread around, and me, standing in the middle of it, angry, hurt, and nothingness left etched in my features.

"Aliyah—"

"Don't talk to me." I spat, trudging past him. I didn't care that I was without a jacket, or shoes for that matter.

I walked outside and ran into the forest, thinking about everything that's happened. Jacob never yelled at me, never.

I ran to Quil's thinking he'd be the only one to let me in.

I thought wrong.

He was outside, running in the rain with, a girl holding his hand. And then they kissed.

More heartbreak.

What was a girl supposed to do, when everyone she leaned on for support, left her?

I had no where to go.