17

Shaking his head in shame, Jacob rapped uneasily on the paint chipped door. The sickly sweet scent filled his nose, causing his gag reflexes to kick in but he managed to keep a straight face until Charlie opened the door.

"Jacob—Hey!"

The tall tan werewolf smiled, "Hey there, Charlie."

"You looking for Bella?" Charlie leaned against the door frame, watching Jacob.

"Yeah, is she home?"

He scoffed, "Afraid not. Left with Cullen, you just missed her." He looked at the oversized boy with accusing eyes, "You haven't been around a lot."

Jacob smiled in apology, "I've been with my friend—Aliyah."

"Ah," Charlie shook his head, "This.. girlfriend of yours?"

"Yes." Jacob didn't miss a beat. Mr. Swan's chocolate brown eye's, so much like Bella's, crinkled as he smiled.

If anything, Charlie were happy that Jacob had moved on—though he wished that he'd done it a little slower, to see if Bella might've changed her mind. The father wasn't blind, anyone could tell that Bella had feelings for the Quileute boy, she just couldn't admit it to herself.

"Maybe if I get going, I might be able to catch up with them."

"Did you and Alissa get in a fight."

"Aliyah." Jacob corrected, "And no, we didn't, I just need some help with finding—" Jacob cut short. What was he thinking? He almost blurted out something important and he almost didn't realize it. "Never mind. Just wanted to have a chat with Bella."

"Well, I'm not sure where they live—not much of the town knows either. Good luck finding them."

"Thank you!" Jacob called over his shoulder, already heading down the road to the forest. He slipped out of his cut off jeans and tossed them in front of him, letting the heat take over his body, spreading it over every bone in his body.

Shaking violently, he landed on four red-brown paws. Stretching out his arms, he grabbed the jeans in his mouth and tore off into the thick maze, forgetting about the treaty.

A week ago, Jacob, Bella and Edward had all spoken about Victoria—the redheaded vampire. Jacob, being persistent, offered to help them with the army of newborns planning to attack, as long as they helped him with trying to get Aliyah back.

After having the pack explain to the Cullen's about imprinting, the mother of the bunch comforted Jacob.

Alice had offered to keep an eye on her; telling Jacob about how she was doing, not leaving out the details.

Jacob was more then thankful for the support this pack-mates were giving him, adding on the extra help from the 'friendly' vampires, but he was heart broken. His eye's were dull, he hadn't slept and barely ate. He was busy thinking about ways to kill the redhead, wanting nothing more then to make her suffer for taking his soul mate away.

Then he'd think about Aliyah, and break down, tears pooled in his eyes and he'd shamelessly let them fall.

He just hoped that they'd find her soon.

Absentmindedly running her fingers through Jasper's hair, Alice perked up at the sound of fast running. Jasper noticed her listening and followed suit, smiling when he heard the shimmering sound of the wolf's phase.

Before Jacob could knock, Alice and Jasper met Jacob at the door and smiled, "We've been waiting for you. Bella and Edward are upstairs."

"Get them down here." He said, not wanting to bother going upstairs.