O5

I shut the door quietly behind me. The lights were off, well, the few that I could see anyways. Taylor's were on. I walked up the stairs, and smiled when I saw mom asleep in her rocking chair.

I leaned over and kissed her forhead quickly, "Night Ma; I love you."

I went to the bathroom, showered quickly then dressed in a long shirt and track pants. Sure enough, I'd forgotten to close my window.

After settling under the thick comforter, thoughts ran throughtout my head.

What did Jacob mean, 'Passed on through generation.' Did he mean, that his children would suffer the same thing, and change in all the same way's Jacob did? Who would want to put their kid's through that? Or, did it simply mean, that it would take a few hundred years before this happened again?

Generation could have two meanings; I was just hoping that it meant hundreds of years from today.

I shut my eyes and nestled into the feathery pillows. Images of Jacob flooded my vision.

He's changed so much; he's no longer the fifteen year old boy I fell for; he's not thin, he's huge! He's gained an unhealthy amount of muscle in just a short week, his personality changed.

Jacob Black, the one I knew so well never would have kissed me like that.

This one's Sam's Jacob, and he was something I didn't like, at all.

-

There was a few hard knocks on my door, and I turned around. Another few knocks, and I pulled the pillow over my head.

Bang. Bang. Bang.

"Jesus! Go AWAY!"

"I'm sorry but I'm not Jesus." A rough voice said on the other side. I glared at the door, stood slowly, and ran a tired hand through my hair.

I opened in quickly, then stepping outside, blocking view of my room. "What are you doing here?" I hissed at the tall, lean figure.

"Visiting, of course." Embry chuckled playing with my hair. I swatted his hands away, and raised an eyebrow.

"Why would you be here though? You never visit me."

"Oh, that's right. Jake's downstairs, too." He sneered at my shocked expression, "He's talking with Taylor."

"Taylor's up?" I asked, mainly to myself.

"I'd be afraid if he wasn't."

Afraid? "Why?"

"It's 2 o'clock in the afternoon, Aliyah." Embry stated.

"OHMYGOD!" I looked back at my alarm clock and nearly shrieked. I pushed Embry out of my way and ran to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and hair.

I pulled my track pants down, letting them ruffle at my ankles, and slipped a plain grey shirt on. Downstairs, voices fluttered up, filling me with fear.

Then Jacob laughed, and butterflies erupted in my stomach. How was I supposed to react after yesterday? I mean, I've never kissed anyone, except for Jacob, and I never really came off as a 'slut.'

I walked into the kitchen, looking down at the wooden floors. I grabbed a bowl poured myself some Fruit Loops. Taylor was sitting in the chair by the archway, Jacob was leaning against it. I avoided eye contact, which was difficult because Jacob was staring at me.

"Morning sleepyhead." Taylor chuckled, looking at my angry expression.

I slammed the bowl down on the counter. "It's 2 in the afternoon, why didn't you wake me?"