O8

I twisted restlessly throughout the night, neither side of the bed was comfortable or welcoming. I missed my bed, I missed my mom, my brother, and I missed the heavy scent of vanilla.

The sheets and pillows smelt a great deal of pine and dirt. Not that I was complaining about it—it just wasn't home. The worst part, I didn't know if anyone was home. It got silent after an hour of waiting for Jake.

I sighed in exasperation and rolled out of the small bed. I stepped out into the dense, cold hallway and rubbed my arms as I walked into the kitchen. The house was eerie, the rain outside had become heavy and came down in a thick sheet.

I shuddered, leaning against the counter. I delayed going back into the room; sleep just wasn't an option.

I waited a long while, until I heard a soft thump from the bedroom and then a angry sigh. I heard a set of feet pad down the hall.

Jacob walked into the kitchen, shirtless, dripping wet, breathing hard and fuming.

Until he saw me.

"Oh, Aliyah, there you are." He cracked a smile, "I'd thought you ran off again,"

I chuckled, "Out in that weather. I wouldn't leave if a murderer was loose in the house." He wrapped his thick arms around my shoulders and hugged me tightly. Despite the fact that he was soaked, I hugged back. His scent wavered off easily; I was simply comforted.

"Why did you come down here, anyways?" He asked, his hands glided down my back and rested on my hips.

I shrugged, placing my hands on his bare chest. The one over his heart felt his pulse—I smiled at the fast rate, "I was hungry." I lied through my teeth. He raised an eyebrow at me, I sighed loudly and looked down, "Fine, I couldn't sleep."

"Why?"

"I don't know.. It's not home. It's.. different." My arm's snaked around his neck and rested there.

He rubbed my hips soothingly and nudged his face into my neck—or as far down as it could go. "You should try to sleep, at the most."

"I guess," Resting there quietly, I thought about that nights events. I remember him leaving, "Why are you here?" I asked, pulling away from him to see his face.

He chuckled deeply, "Came back to spend time with you," He said, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. He dipped down and pressed his lips to mine, just barely before he pulled away. He took my hand and pulled me down the hall back to the bedroom.

I watched as Jake spread out on the bed, the cover's just making it up to his belly button. His hair was dripping water onto the pillow. He tugged at my hand, forcing me to lie with him.

I nestled into his form, soaking in the heat. He ran a hand through my hair absent mindlessly before he spoke quietly, "I was going to tell you something very important before Sam dragged me out."

"Hmm," I muttered, already close to falling asleep. Maybe I really was tired.

"Aliyah, look at me." I lifted my head slowly, resting so I was being held up by my elbow. I looked into his baby browns, and smiled, "What I'm going to tell you, is.. important to me. I really want you to understand."

"Jake, what are you talking about?"

"I've imprinted on you." He stated, touching my cheek.

"What kind of a print is imprint?" I asked, cocking my head to the side. He chuckled at my words, and sighed.

"You'll find out at the Council Meeting."

I settled back into his chest, my head resting in the crook of his neck, "Alright Jake,"

"Hey," He said quietly, when I looked up his warm pair of lips came down on mine. An electric shock ran throughout my body and I pressed myself closer to his large frame. My lips became hungry; seeking more of a response from his. Finally getting the message, his lips came to life under mine and he returned the passion.

He pulled away, breathing hard. I whimpered in disappointment, listening to his uneven heart rate, ragged breathing and soft chuckle, "I'm preventing myself from going too far," After a while, he pulled me on top of him, "Lungs might help, Aliyah."

Not realizing that I was holding my breath, I let it out. The heat coursed through my cheeks and a burn was left where Jacob kissed.

"Now get to bed," He murmured. I sulked back into his neck and closed my eyes.

I was positive that I was falling. But if this was falling, I don't mind it one bit.