by your side [LW]

Start from the beginning

"Honey what happened? Why are you crying?" He felt like he was choking from crying so much, he couldn't even speak, let alone think straight. She looked at his phone, seeing his homescreen as him and lucas.

She smiled softly, "is this your boyfriend?" He looked up, his eyes puffy but still producing tears and his lips looking dehydrated

She smiled softly, "is this your boyfriend?" He looked up, his eyes puffy but still producing tears and his lips looking dehydrated. "Mom..." he sniffled, he smiled at him and hugged him. "Baby I knew it for a while now." His eyes widened and shut closed as he sobbed again, hugging her back. "Mom, he's in the hospital." He choked out, "what? What happened?" "He was in a crash and i don't know his condition." She creased his head and calmed him down.

"We'll visit after school tomorrow. I can take a day off." She kissed his shoulder and rubbed his back. He stopped crying and nodded. "I love you Jungwoo, mom will always love you no matter what and no matter who you are." He bit his lips and nodded, "I love you too."

His dad walked in, "what's happening here? A snuggle party without me! That's unfair." His mom laughed, "shut up i know you were listening to us." He walked over and placed his hand on Jungwoo's shoulder. "I was. Jungwoo what your mom said goes for me as well. You're my son, i would never want to put your through this pain. Okay?" Jungwoo nodded.

The morning came by fast but the day felt slow. He walked in the halls slowly, almost like he wasn't even mentally there but physically was. Even his friends decided not to bother him since he seemed so out of it.

On the ride to rhe hospital he was even more nervous, his hands fidgeting with the hem of his uniform and glancing at his mom every few minutes. When they got there he saw Chenle walking to the counter and followed, "you came." Chenle looked at him, he sniffled and nodded. "I did." "Ms.Lee I'm taking him up with me to see Lucas." "Who is this?" "His boyfriend." Jungwoo gulped, scared to see her response. "How sweet, what a lovely boyfriend to come visit after school." Chenle nodded and took Jungwoo's hand up to the elevator and the room.

A sense of ease fell upon Jungwoo after hearing the nurse's response to him being Lucas's boyfriend. "You don't need to be scared like that anymore. Everyone knows Lucas has a boyfriend but he never said who it was." He looked at Jungwoo before opening the door. He nodded, as it opened they saw Lucas standing and talking to his parents. "I brought someone." They all looked at Jungwoo.

He felt like he was shrinking, "g-good afternoon.." he walked in with chenle. Looking at his parents and trying his best to smile instead of cry, and they smiled back. "I'm going to guess you're Lucas's boyfriend!" His mom giggled, "my son has such a good eye, you're so handsome!" She smiled, "I'm his mom, call me mom too." Jungwoo nodded, "Jungwoo.." he bowed, his dad looked at him as well, "I'm his dad, you can call me dad too if you're comfortable with it." He smiled and shook Jungwoo's hand.

"How'd you get him to come?" Lucas whispered at Chenle. "I didn't. He came with his mom." Lucas rose his brow. "Okay okay stop bombarding his poor kid with questions honey and give the couple some space!" Lucas's dad placed his hands on her shoulders and grabbed Chenle, walking out of the room.

Jungwoo looked at Lucas, who was looking right back at him. He had a couple of bandages on his face, arms, and hands. Looking at it made Jungwoo want to break down into tears seeing how Lucas was hurt. Not only physically but also how he hurt him. It could've been the last time he would speak to Lucas, last time he'd see him, everything.

"Will you stare at me or hug me?" He chuckled, slowly walking over and hugging Jungwoo. Creasing the back of his head as he felt tears pour out onto his hospital gown. "Why are you crying so much?" He hummed, Jungwoo pulled away and looked into his eyes. He cupped Lucas's cheeks and kissed him, the younger slying slipped in his tongue and grabbed his waist. Pulling him closer and creased his ear. Making Jungwoo pull away, "i'm so sorry." He sniffled, making Lucas smile softly, "I'll always be waiting for you Jungwoo, even if it took you a million years to come into terms with things I'd be waiting. I was on the bus because I was going to your place to apologize for leaving you when I should've stayed to help and comfort you because I know how hard it is for you."

Jungwoo's tears slipped out again, he clenched Lucas's gown and hugged him again. "I love you so much Lucas! Don't do this to me ever again.." he cried, making lucas nod and crease his back. "Never again." He comforted the older until he stopped crying.

Lucas stayed in the hospital for a few more days. When he got out he met Jungwoo's parents and went to school the following week. Which Jungwoo told all his friends about his relationship with Lucas, he worried for almost nothing since everyone was accepting it and some even thought they were dating even before they had shared it.

Lucas smiled and looked at Jungwoo. Kissing his cheek and neck then his lips. "I love you Jungwoo." The older's eyes twinkled as he smiled softly, "I love you too Lucas."

_____

woop woop first story ever since my ling ass hiatus!! this was a request <33 i hope i did okay with the angst even though it seems kinda short 😔

im starting to plan out my NoRen book so i hope to publish it sooner or later!! i'm also continuing my markhyuck jealousy book so please look forward to an update 😼

until next chapter bbies!!!