by your side [LW]

LuWoo

Lucas and Jungwoo have been dating for a few months already, and of course it has been the best 7 months of their lives.

Jungwoo first confessed to Lucas after school during clean up after their spring festival. And lucas had already planned to confess to him too the next day after school. Naturally they began dating, their only problem was that Jungwoo hadn't came out yet.. to anyone.

It was a usual day after school, Lucas met Jungwoo at his home gate and they went in together. His parents worked until morning and he was an only child. They sat on the couch, Jungwoo grabbed a glass of water for him and went to sit next to him.

They looked at each other for a little before Jungwoo looked away, getting shy from the other's intense gaze. Lucas chuckled and took the glass of water. "So, did you tell them or anyone yet?" Jungwoo gulped, he had been telling Lucas his plans to finally tell others about their relationship and the fact he had been hiding it for months, but even so he didn't. Too afraid of what others would think or do about it. After all he is also the class president and an honors student at the school, if someone found out his whole school life could be ruined.

"I'll take that as a no." Lucas looked away and huffed. "Lucas, i'll tell them tomorrow i promise." He placed his hand ontop of his. "You said that last time Jungwoo. How many times will we have to go through this?" Clicking his tongue he looked back at him. "If you're so afraid of what will happen why did you even confess to me in the first place? Are you ashamed of me? Of us?" Jungwoo's eyes felt glossy but he didn't want to cry. "No! Of course not! I confessed because I love you." He felt his heart ache when Lucas didn't say anything.

"I don't know how long I can handle being your secret. Hiding this from everyone and my parents." Right, Lucas was the opposite of Jungwoo's situation. Everyone knew he was gay, and some people weren't okay with it. It didn't mean Lucas changed himself for them, he plainly ignored it because he knew himself and knew that he isn't what others think he is as a homosexual. His parents even don't mind about it and support him, probably because they knew since he was little.

"Lucas.." he got up and grabbed his bag. "Come to me when you have your mind set on what to do Jungwoo." He placed his hand on the older's black hair before walking out the home.

The whole rest of the day and night Jungwoo spent it thinking, pondering on all the possible outcomes, situations, answers he might get if he told everyone the truth. Staring at his ceiling and fidgeting with his fingers.

His mom walked in, peeking her head in, "Jungwoo? Why are you still awake?" He turned his head, "just thinking.." "oh okay. Well sleep soon you have school tomorrow." He nodded and she closed the door.

He sighed, his phone rang. Looking at the caller ID it was Lucas. "Lucas?" "Hello this is Lucas's brother, Chenle, I know you're dating my brother so i wanted to call you and say he's in the hospital right now." Jungwoo sat up, "what?" "The bus he was riding on crashed into a shipping truck really bad and he's being hospitalized near the school." Jungwoo's heart dropped, his hands getting sweaty and his blood feeling cold. He looked at the clock and saw it was 2 am. "Jungwoo?" "S-sorry.. Are you there with him?" "Yeah, i was thinking you'd want to come too. But you're going to have to identify as Lucas's partner to the nurses before coming in. Since only close relatives and the partner is allowed.."

Jungwoo's tears slipped down his face. He was so confused.

Is this really happening? What do i do? Why now?

"I-I'm sorry I can't go.." "Oh, it's okay. Sorry to bother you." Chenle hung up and Jungwoo bursted out crying. Running his hands in his hair as he sobbed. "What if this is all my fault?" He cried out, clenching his fist. His mom ran into the room, "Jungwoo? Oh my god!" She went to him and placed her hand on his knee as he was sitting curled up and rubbed his back.