before we start ...

Hey!

Since you're reading this, thanks for clicking on my story - I hope you'll enjoy it. I'll be updating (roughly) every Monday and Friday starting from July 27th 2020, unless I announce something different.

Now if you find it unnecessary to read this, feel free to skip... If not – well, hi, I'm not Jesse Lee Soffer (sorry to disappoint). However, I'm super excited about this story and I am putting a lot of effort into it. There are just a couple of things I want to point out in advance to its publication.

This is what I usually say: Apart from the One Chicago characters and cast, this story is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to other real persons, living or dead, or to other stories is purely coincidental.

The more important part here is the following: As I am using actors' names, please note that the storyline is fictitious and based solely on my love for One Chicago. I have never met any of the cast and do not mean to offend anyone or portray anyone in a particular way. Although actors' names are used, the characters are fictitious and do not represent real life One Chicago cast members. The characters in this story are nothing more than exactly that - characters. I fully respect all One Chicago actors and their privacy.

Having said that, I just want to mention that writing the description/summary of this story has been the hardest time I've ever had writing a blurb. It feels impossible to put the content of this story or where it's going into just a few words, and I'm not even sure the current summary properly expresses what it is about. So please, don't judge the book until you read it.

Basically, it's about (most of) the One Chicago cast waking up one day to a world where all of the Chicago shows are not shows, but reality. They wake up to be trapped inside the body and life of the person they play on the show, and as you might imagine, that's one big mess. While they try to figure out what the hell happened, more and more things make them doubt who they even really are. Sounds confusing? It is. But I'm sure it will make sense and be fun once you read it. Also, it's weird to write Jesse's POV, so I like to think of it more as Jay's POV, haha. But that's up for everyone to decide individually.

One last thing – the story mainly focuses on Intelligence / Chicago PD, but characters from Chicago Fire and Chicago Med will play a role (I can't yet say with certainty how frequent their appearances will be). The book starts where Chicago PD Season 7 ends, as we all might remember with Hailey in New York, and the characters are the current cast of Chicago PD. I'll try my best with the characters from Fire and Med as well, but since I haven't finished Fire Season 8 yet and I am only currently watching Med (I just started watching Med recently and I'm at the end of Season 2 as I write this), there's some things I only know from spoilers. Thus, it might happen that I fuck up Med or Fire current characters or relationship statuses, although I think I actually have them right. We'll see about that.

Either way, I'm sure I forgot something I wanted to say, and that's normal for me. Everyone reading my other story will know I'll just put a super long author's note no one but me cares about at the end of the next chapter. But yeah, that's it basically. This book is a whole different project for me, and I'm pretty excited to see what others think of it. Feel free to vote and comment whenever you like, I love to hear your opinions. But most importantly, enjoy the story!

Thank you for reading and have fun!

Maya ❤️