Chapter 12

3rd Person's POV

*Before the Battle*

All of them are preparing for the battle against the Shogunate. It was a nervous event for everyone on the Samurais side. Especially, Mefutaka. It was a hard decision for her but she learned to allow them to step into the battlefield.

She was just sitting outside the room, staring at the sky. She wondered if they would win the battle. Suddenly, a pair of muscular arms were wrapped around her.

"Don't you worry. We'll win this battle. I just know it." A familiar voice said softly.

"I know. I know. I'm just... wondering off." She said. She knew the man was Keno so she didn't bother to turn around. Everyone, including the Hakkenden characters, are joining in the battlefield. Mefutaka was the only one, who didn't join the battle.

"Hey Keno! We're leaving now!" Shino shouted.

"Ok. I'll be right there!" He shouted back.

"I promise to be here safe and sound." He said and kissed Mefutaka on the cheeks. She just nodded and said a simple 'Good luck' to Keno.

Keno ran off to catch up with the others.

Mefutaka sighed as she look at the others running to the battlefield. She breathed another heavy sigh and looked back at the sky again, hoping that her decision was right.

She closed her eyes tightly, preventing herself from crying but it failed to do so. She was sitting there, letting the tears flow down continuously.

She opened her eyes and stared back at the sky. She wanted to yell and scream but she didn't do it because someone might hear her and thinks that she's crazy. She looked at the beautiful little sakura tree in front of her and smiled softly. She decided to go to her room and take some rest.

Meanwhile, at the Battlefield...

Blood splattered, swords clashing, groans, light from the magics and stabbing of swords. These are the things which Mefutaka hated. That's the reason why she never liked the battlefield. The Samurais almost died but lucky them, they won against THE 1ST BATTLE without anyone dying. That was just the first one. 3 more battles to go. It will take them about 2 to3 weeks to finish the last three battles since its becoming worse and worse.

There were chopped heads and blood staining the ground. Bodies lying there, lifeless.

Zakikari looked around the place. Blood stains on the ground, dead bodies lying there and body parts almost scattered around. [Readers, please don't be green and literal.]

She thought about her sister and how she's doing. Looking at the blackish-red sky makes her smile evilly. She craves for blood and wants more. She's not YET satisfied but she knows that she could wait a little more.

They went back to their base and treated their wounds on their own.

"I hope she's fine at home." Keno murmured to himself while wiping off the blood from his cheeks, not knowing that everyone could hear him.

"I know she's fine. Don't worry." Zakikari replied without any reaction while treating her own wounds. Keno nodded, as well as the others.

Zakikari just looked outside and she saw the dead bodies and blood scattered the whole place.

"To think that we won the first battle, its good and satisfying yet I'm worried about my sister." Zakikari thought.

Short chapter. Sorry minna~~!!! I lack in thoughts at this time. Promise, the next will be long...

Sumimasen . Sumimasen.