Chapter 16

3rd Person's POV

Mefutaka fainted because she got sick. When she was a child, she always gets sick. Zuskatofushi always looks after her health but at this moment, he didn't knew.

Gwendal was the one who found her lying on the ground. She was so sick. Her whole body's burning up.

They brought her to her room and put a damp towel on her forehead.
"I didn't check on her health earlier." Zuskatofushi said.

"Wait. What do you mean?" Yuri asked with worry evident on his voice.

"She easily gets sick. She had that when she was still young." Kari said.

The bead holders, the 3 families, Gintoki and Hijikata, and the main characters of Kyo Kara Maoh are staring at Mefutaka's form.

Zakikari's POV

My sister is sick again. Me and my cousins can't help to get more worried. She gets sick every time she gets so tired or frustrated.

"Will she be ok?" Keno asked.

"She'll be fine. I assure you guys that." I said, confidence in my voice. I know she will.

I can't deny the fact that I'm starting to like it here. I mean, this is not a dream. Obviously, its real. Even if we convince ourselves that it isn't real, it'll still be true because it is. Even if we don't know what happened, I'll still like it.

Mefutaka's POV

Dream:

"Where am I?"

Mefutaka. Its me. Your conscience. Someone told me that you'll be living in this world forever.

"What?! Why? I thought that its just a mere teleportation."

You've been praying the Gods above to give you a happier life. They gave you what you wanted. This is what you want, right?

"But... does that mean, we'll not be able to return to our world?"

That is right. Don't you want that?

"I love to but how did this happen?"

I told you that the Gods above heard you and gave you what you wanted.

"Ok but who really are you?"

I am not your imagination. I am real. Do not ignore what I had said and live here happily, ok?

"Ok but--"

See you soon, my dear.

"Wait!"

I slowly opened my eyes and remembered what the hell happened. I would never ignore what she said. It means so much to me and I think that it's important.

"Sis?" Zaki said, shocked.

"Hm?"

"Good thing you're awake already. You got us all worried." Zuskatofushi said and hugged me.

"Oh. Sorry for making you guys worry." I said.

"Are you ok, Mefu-chan?" Murata asked.

"Yeah. I-I'm good." I replied with a small smile.

They smiled warmly at me and I returned the smile to them. The sight of Keno smiling brightly at me, makes my heart flutter.

I slowly sat up with the help of Genpachi.

"Thank you, Genpachi." I said as I sat up. Its quite hard for me to absorb everything I dreamt about. I stared at nowhere.

"You ok?" Keno asked.

"Hm." I replied with a smile.

He held my hand in his and pulled me into a sweet kiss.

"Y-You might get s-sick." I said. My cheeks burning.

"No. I won't." He said and gave me a warm smile.

I smiled back and laid down on the bed. I closed my eyes. Pretending to sleep.

"What do you guys think is she thinking?" Shino asked.

"We don't know. How 'bout you Shibuya?" Was Murata's reply.

"Maybe she's thinking about what's going on here." Kari said.

"We all know that this hard to explain so maybe Kari is right." Hijikata said.

They all agreed on what they said. I can't believe that it's their conclusion but... on one part, they're right. That can be one of my reasons too.

I closed my eyes shut and drifted off to sleep. Again.