17/23

❝𝕿𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖓𝖔 𝖊𝖝𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖘𝖎𝖙𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖞...
𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖙 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖕𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓.❞
- 𝕰𝖉𝖌𝖆𝖗 𝕬𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖓 𝕻𝖔𝖊

Your POV:

"Hm, onyx might work," Eul-soo towered over me, one eye closed as she held the eyeliner next to my eyes. She picked out another one from her large set and continued to put them next to my eyes and comment on whether it would suit or not.

I had promised Eul-soo that I will help her on her project so she was deciding on what make-up she would do when the day comes. I had agreed to sit down and let her do her work.

"You'll need to have a before photo for you to get your marks," Minji said from her bed. I was sitting on Eul-soo's bed with her make-up kits surrounding me and covering every inch that I wasn't. "Where are you gonna get it?"

"Don't you have one?" Eul-soo didn't lift her eyes from me as she started pulling out different shades of lipstick this time, looking at them once then at me and putting them in two piles, one much smaller from the other. "Look through your stuff, maybe there's one..."

"Hm," Min-ji started to search under her bed. "I don't really think I have one... I mean, I just have a few funny ones or memorable ones but they're usually with other people. Not a single one of her alone."

"She never let you take many," Eul-soo shook her head, glaring at me. "No worries, you can always take one now. I mean, I wanted one before the haircut but I guess I'll have to do with one of hers in short hair."

I just smiled painfully, remembering that I have to pose for Taehyung... He will pose for me too, I reminded myself. I have to start working on an idea so that I can start working on the actual piece as soon as possible.

"How about we ask Taehyung to take one?" I didn't miss Min-ji's teasing tone.

"Min-ji!" I cried out, flustered by her words.

"Aw, c'mon, I mean, I wanna see him take photos of you," she said with a smirk. "After all, a photo and a painting both show how the artist behind it sees the subject!"

I actually hid my face behind my hands. I always get easily flustered when I'm teased and just the thought of what Taehyung might see me as was exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time.

"(Y/n)!" Eul-soo impatiently removed my hands from my face.

"Sorry, sorry..."

●◐○

"Why do you bother asking me?" I said without looking up from my book. It was a Friday night and I was sitting on my bed, flipping through one of my favourite novels. "It's a party and you know I don't like parties."

"But Taehyung's gonna be there," Eul-soo wriggled her eyebrows and my cheeks burned at her words. "C'mon, just once?"

"I guess it won't hurt to check them out," I said begrudgingly as I shut my book. Min-ji looked shocked and Eul-soo squealed in excitement.

"I'm gonna make you look so good!" She cried out, hurrying to our common dressing table and pulling out her largest make-up kit.

"Hey hey, down on the make-up," I said teasingly, looking through my clothes. "A little bit is okay. But not too much, Eul-soo. Oh, how about this?"

I had pulled out a high waisted black jeans and a flowy off-shoulder white top. Min-ji nodded appreciatively and Eul-soo held up her brushes with a Cheshire Cat grin.

Fifteen minutes later, we were chatting in a cab that was being taken to Jimin's house. He preferred living in the dorms with Taehyung and Jungkook even when his house was like a ten minute drive from the college.

His parents were always gone on business trips so he held a party every two weeks or so, from what I learned from my two best friends.

Eul-soo had done light make-up and I thought I looked nice. It was very rare for me to find myself looking good but I thought that I looked pretty.

"...will love it!" Eul-soo was gushing to me excitedly about the snack bar in Jimin's house. I wasn't big on letting others watch me eat, so I just gave her a fake smile.

We reached and Min-ji paid the fare. Eul-soo knocked on the door. Loud music was booming and I could feel the beats inside me. The door opened, revealing Namjoon who smiled at us.

"Thanks," Eul-soo said as we stepped inside. Namjoon nodded and closed it behind us before disappearing in the crowd. There were a lot of people and I felt totally out of place.

"I swear to god if you promise not to leave me and do so," I started at them, "I will personally give you a chop on the neck each."

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry," Min-ji smiled and rolled her eyes. "We'll leave you alone only if you're with Taehyung. Done?"

"I guess- wait, no!" My stomach flipped at her words. What if he's drunk? What if something happens but he doesn't actually feel it? Oh my goodness-

"Oh yeah~," Eul-soo sang along with the music, dragging me behind her, Min-ji right beside me. We ended up in the kitchen, where a group of three boys were drinking and laughing together. I saw one of them eye Eul-soo and felt worry settle inside me. "Okay! Which one do you wanna drink?"

She hadn't noticed him and was looking at me, smiling widely.

"I'm not getting drunk, Eul-soo," I closed my eyes while silently praying it will be okay.

"Come on! You have to loosen up," she said, pushing a plastic cup in my hand full of some amber liquid. "You're a college student, not a freshman in high school. Act like it!"

"I am acting like it," I said, throwing her a glare. Min-ji was silently watching us, drinking from her own cup. "Eul-soo, you can get drunk. I'm the one who has to bring you two back if stuff escalates. If I get drunk and you end up tied to someone's bed next morning, I won't be able to forgive myself."

"Right, that's not happening," she rolled her eyes. "But okay, don't drink. Let me down a cup or two and then we'll leave you with Taehyung."

"Wh-"

But she was already downing the entire cup. Then she grabbed the one in my hand and downed it too. Then she screamed, throwing her hands in the air before grabbing both Min-ji and me and running out.

I kept mumbling apologies as we bumped into people but nobody paid attention. But when we finally ended up in the backyard where people were surrounding a pool, and I saw Taehyung grinning at Jungkook, I knew one thing.

Nothing's gonna be okay.

◣◥◣◥◣◥◤◢◤◢◤◢

Updated/Published On:
13th September 2020
13/09/2020