13/23

❝𝕴 𝖉𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖌𝖎𝖛𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖞 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖔𝖓 𝖋𝖔𝖗
𝖆𝖓𝖞𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖒𝖊. 𝕿𝖍𝖊𝖞 𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖎𝖗
𝖔𝖜𝖓 𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖒𝖆 𝖔𝖚𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖏𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖔𝖚𝖘𝖞.❞
- 𝖀𝖓𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜𝖓

Your POV:

I stared at the mirror in the bathroom forlornly, as I examined my face features. It wasn't that I was completely ugly; it's just that compared to others, I'm so... plain. And worse.

I had made one particular idea in my life that girls are either of three things; they are either cute, hot or beautiful.

Taking in my chubs and other stuff, I always fit into the 'cute' category. All my friends, classmates, relatives– if they had to compliment my looks, always pinched my cheeks and exclaimed over how cute I am.

But I wanted to be beautiful. Who wants a cute girl to spend the rest of their life with? And even then, the cuteness was limited.

I decided at the moment that what I needed was a change. A change of features might help.

My eyes flashed to my hair, the wild beast that lay till below my elbow. They were wavy for the most part and a bit curly, so they were a bit hard to take care of.

They always grew fast and I had cut them a lot of times till my shoulder. I had seen a lot of plus size girls having boy cuts and looking really good like that, so I decided that I wanted to cut my hair like that.

"I'm cutting my hair," I declared as soon as I stepped out of the bathroom. Min-ji, who was scribbling something in her notebook, paused to look up at me. "How does a short, boy-cut sound?"

"Are you sure?" Min-ji asked with narrowed eyes as she scrutinized my hair. "They're so long; boy cut will be a bit too short, right?"

"Hm... Pixie cut, more like," I said, picking up a lock of my hair. "They will be easier to take care of like that, I think."

"Hey!" Eul-soo greeted us as she danced inside the room with her books in her hand. She placed them on the table opposite her bed before turning around, hands on her hips. "So what are you talking about?"

"I'm thinking of getting my hair cut," I said simply. Eul-soo's smile dropped for a second before it turned to a wide grin. 

"Ooh, a make-over?" She asked, jumping towards me. "We'll give you a complete make-over and you'll be so fucking gorgeous that boys will drop dead at your feet."

I laughed at the imagine and said, "No, nothing that extreme! Just a simple cut because I'm too tired to take care of long hair."

"Okay then," Eul-soo's disappointed look make me giggle lightly to myself before I flopped down on my bed. "Let's do this tomorrow; it's a Sunday anyway."

"Yup!" I agreed and opened the Wattpad app on my phone. Min-ji and Eul-soo knew it was my ‘me-time’ so they didn't bother to continue on with the conversation which was honestly over anyway.

My eyes ran over the notifications as I looked over the comments on my previously written fanfics. Some made me laugh, some made me think and others just made me happy by their existence.

Wattpad was a happy place for me– it was where I indulged in my hobby of writing, where I learnt most things.

I had read many fanfics since I was young and I knew a particular type of stories that appeared. They included eating disorders, something I was thankful never happened to me.

Sure, I'm fat, and I hate it but I could never bring myself to stop eating. Food was my first love and it was precious to me. The flavours, the tastes, I loved to indulge in them and it just wasn't possible to keep me away from food.

I never understood how those with it managed to do it, but I also wished they wouldn't do it. I'm sure Min-ji and Eul-soo would knock some sense into me if I did that; and everyone needs a Min-ji and a Eul-soo.

They made me feel good about myself when I couldn't find anything good in me; they made me smile and laugh when I'm crying by myself; they were the ones who understood me and motivated me.

I was honestly so thankful for having them in my life– I still remember the time without them. Those weren't the nicest days because I had nobody to wipe my tears or to understand me. And that hurt.

I blamed myself for that, because if I was better, then I would have someone with me. I had so many bad things to say about myself, that I'm pretty sure the bad things list tops the good things list. It still does.

But I tried not to think about it and focused on my friends, my studies and whatever made me happy. I didn't willingly go into the dark side of me.

As I turned on some music after putting in my earphones, I decided to go for a walk. A walk sounded nice and I checked my clothes before deciding they were good enough for a simple walk. It was just comfy cotton purple pants and a white tee with a cute pink cat on it. 

I stood up and announced softly, "I'm going out for a walk. Be back in half."

The other two nodded and I left our dorm to take a walk around the campus. 

It was a Saturday morning and the campus was nearly empty except for a few stragglers here and there. 

Most people went to parties on Fridays in one fraternity or the other and chose to stay inside to nurse their hangovers or worse, deal with the pieces of their freshly broken relationships.

I was just mentally reminding myself to never get drunk and do stupid things when I bumped into somebody and never fell but I stabilised myself. 

The other person wasn't so lucky and seemed to have fallen as they groaned and I gasped, immediately crouching down to check on them. A familiar face smiled at me.

"Taehyung?"

◣◥◣◥◣◥◤◢◤◢◤◢

Updated/Published On:
30th August 2020
30/08/2020