16. And I Keep Running

Dedicated to cassiereader21my partner in crime who encouraged me to publish my long-buried story.

I smiled at him, almost grinning. "Hey, you!"

Blake raised his eyebrow, seeming surprised by my reaction. "Hey you, too."

"Life is a wonder, I keep bumping into my professor in weird places." I giggled like a schoolgirl. "Not that I'm complaining."

A smirk tugged at the corner of his lips. "Good to know."

As I twirled on my seat to face him, I let my gaze trail down his figure. He looked so much younger in a casual outfit. And how did a person get hotter each time I saw him? I was openly checking him out but I didn't care; my dignity could go down the drain for all I cared.

Blake's body wasn't as built as Dean's, but he had broader shoulders and was slightly taller. His slim-fit dark blue shirt hugged his torso perfectly, matching the shade of his irises. The sleeve fell at his mid-bicep, revealing a small part of dark curves under the hem.

"Is that" —I leaned closer to get a better look— "a tattoo?"

"Yes, it is." He pulled his sleeve higher to show his tribal armband tattoo with facing patterns around his left bicep.

"Wow, it's beautiful!"

"Thank you," he mumbled in a husky voice.

Suddenly aware of how close I was leaning to him, I pulled back as the heat began creeping up on my face. It wasn't from the alcohol boost this time.

"I always wanted to get a tattoo," I said.

"Why haven't you?"

For a few seconds, I thought about the reply to his question, but nothing came up. "Not sure, exactly. Just haven't gotten around to doing it, I guess."

"I see. Where do you want to have it on then?"

This time, I knew the exact answer to his question, but that made me giggle. "Nowhere to be seen when I have my clothes on."

"Oh."

"Can I get you something to drink?" Tucker stood in front of us, eyes on Blake.

"No, I'm fine, thanks," Blake replied. "I was just on my way to Garry's room."

I raised my glass and wiggled it in front of Tucker's face, trying my luck. "Yes, please."

Tucker gave me a deadpan look. "Nice try," he said and walked away.

Blake shifted his eyes to Tucker and then to me. "What was that about?"

"I'm banned. I can't order any more drinks here." I moaned with annoyance.

"And why's that?"

"Because Lea said so or she would cut his balls off." I huffed. "Of course he's holding on to his balls for dear life."

"I heard that," Tucker said from the other side, but I ignored him. I grabbed my phone from the counter and slipped it back into my pocket when he added, "And you should be grabbing a table and ordering something to eat now."

"Oh come on! I'm not a kid. Nobody's telling me what to do!" I groaned as I jumped off my seat, but the bar stool was higher than I anticipated, causing me to slightly lose balance once my feet touched the ground. Blake caught me by the elbow before I had a chance to hit the counter. "Thanks," I mumbled, glancing up at him just to find his eyes boring into mine, and shivers crawled up my neck. The soft voice in the corner of my head told me to run, but I stayed rooted to my spot.