49. Intersection

I woke up to a shuffling sound in my bedroom. I squinted my eyes before propping myself up, peering at the source of the noise. My heart jumped wildly when I caught a movement from the corner of the darkroom and...wait, this was not my room.

I was a second away from screaming my lungs out when the dark figure emerged into the light, and the familiar face came into view.

"Blake?" I breathed.

Blake winced. "Sorry, I did try to make zero noise. I would have come in the morning if I knew you were already asleep."

Still feeling groggy, I glanced around to check my surroundings. The gigantic TV monitor on the mint green wallpaper, the off-white couch on the other end of the room, and the dark green curtain were evidence that I wasn't at Blake's place. I was in a hotel room.

Feeling relieved, I fell back to the soft bed, sighing as I brought both my palms to my forehead. "I didn't plan to fall asleep. Darn port."

Blake chuckled as he sauntered to the bed and joined me. He leaned closer and gave a soft kiss on the lips. "Enjoying the party without waiting for your boyfriend, huh?"

"Well, if my boyfriend didn't take forever to show up, I would've been enjoying it with him," I replied before wrapping my arms around him, burying my nose in the crook of his neck. I sighed as the mix of sandalwood, mint, and his body scent evaded my nostrils.

"I did try, but the dinner with Waltz dragged on and on. And Thomas couldn't stop talking."

"How did it go by the way?" I mumbled against his skin.

"Good. I think we've got them. But there's still a possibility that they reconsider it during the weekend. We'll know more next week." Blake dropped himself next to me. "I'm sorry I missed the fun."

"It's fine. It was kinda a last-minute plan. No biggie. After the lunch party, Mom wanted to do something different and have fun at the pub. You would be surprised how many dudes tried their luck with her, but no one hit the jackpot!" I giggled. "I need to shower though. Did you bring my stuff?"

"Yeah. It's by the bathroom door."

"You're the best," I said, almost slurring. My hands roamed over his abdomen and up to his chest.

Blake looked down to watch my fingers dance on his shirt buttons. "Oh, I need to shower too?"

"Maybe." I bit my lower lip, undoing his first button.

He smirked. "But I'm all clean. I showered before the dinner appointment."

"I can make you all dirty again so that you have reason to shower afterward."

Blake raised his eyebrows. "Tempting."

"Now, on your back, mister." I pushed him slowly until his back was flat on the bed. I rolled on my side, propping myself up on one elbow.

Blake's chest rumbled as he broke into deep laughter. "How much did you drink?"

"Just a few. I'm not drunk. Otherwise, I wouldn't hear you coming in, would I?"

"So, this isn't alcohol talking?"

"Nope," I replied as my fingers worked on the rest of the buttons, refraining from yanking them off with force. Once open, I pushed my hand inside and caressed his bare chest, feeling his heat radiate through his skin. "This is the horny Jennifer talking."

"Okay," Blake croaked, his eyes darkened. In one swift move, he hauled me up and I was on top of him. His hands moved up and down, rubbing my back with perfect pressure. "Remind me to ask the bartender about the port brand they served you tonight. I like this horny Jennifer better."